March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
This little Silkie made it so far. Almost all remaining 29 eggs have pips.
Awesome!

The one in the incubator I identified still moving last night has pipped :celebrate:thumbsup:bow

Nothing else happening yet, have seen it rock a bit. How long after pip do they start making progress in earnest?

Great the little one pipped! Yeah generally within 24 hours.

Ugh, day 20 and my humidity dropped last night from 71 to 51. How bad is that? I added a warm, wet wash cloth this morning. It should pick back up quick, but now I am worried.
Not Ideal, but not terrible. If no one was pipped it shouldn't be an issue. If there was a pip then might be some shrink wrapping.

As for me, All that pipped have hatched fully. The one I had to help looks a little rough, still has stuff stuck to it but is getting around ok. No sign of any more pips yet. Is day 22 but there may be some hot spots/cool spots with it being still air. So, definitely giving it a couple more days.
I misspoke the other one that pipped and started zipping last night was Bresse. So currently have 3 white Bresse hatched and one Swedish Flower Hen. Out of 3, hopefully at least one is a pullet. I'm almost positive, by brash attitude alone, the first hatcher is a cockerel lol
There were at least 11 moving well at lockdown, hopefully, I get at least a couple more later hatchers.

Not Ideal, but not terrible. If no one was pipped it shouldn't be an issue. If there was a pip then might be some shrink wrapping.

As for me, All that pipped have hatched fully. The one I had to help looks a little rough, still has stuff stuck to it but is getting around ok. No sign of any more pips yet. Is day 22 but there may be some hot spots/cool spots with it being still air. So, definitely giving it a couple more days.
I misspoke the other one that pipped and started zipping last night was Bresse. So currently have 3 white Bresse hatched and one Swedish Flower Hen. Out of 3, hopefully at least one is a pullet. I'm almost positive, by brash attitude alone, the first hatcher is a cockerel lol
There were at least 11 moving well at lockdown, hopefully, I get at least a couple more later hatchers.
Glad your three are doing well. Hope you get some late hatchers.
I am using still air too. On my first hatch I started off rotating them around the incubator, but it was too much to keep track of. :)

I don't see any pips, but I do have a wiggler.

Back
Top Bottom