March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Well, yesterday, one of the chicks started zipping and was soon out. Not five minutes later, another one hatched even though it hadn't started unzipping until after the other was out.:lol: The other two hatched during the night, so I now have four cemani crosses and they are so black! Two are completely black and two have pink toes and white on the wing tips. Either way, they are awesome looking.

Unfortunately, the lighter, littler d'uccle died during the night even though I thought he was getting better. Oh well. It's probably for the best.

IMG_20190322_151811109.jpg
IMG_20190322_151512365.jpg
IMG_20190322_151607380.jpg
IMG_20190322_151612735.jpg

Out of the 12 I set, I have 3 that are possible hatches. One of them I think did an internal pip on the wrong side of the egg. I'll be checking carefully to see what he does. No activity in the two other eggs, but I don't see signs of egg decay. The one I think pipped wrong I'm not completely sure IS a chick, and not just a trick of the light. Either way, I set them in lockdown two days ago and am now waiting to see what they do. they're due either today or tomorrow, I think!

Back
Top Bottom