MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
To clarify the Calvert County lot restriction, you are required to have 3 acres or more of land before you can keep livestock, including chickens. It used to be 1 acre and I've heard some stuff about trying to get it moved back to 1 acre for chickens in Calvert, but I don't think anyone is pushing for it very hard.

Hey Maryland, I wanted to let you all now that, besides the poultry swap I have every year, we are also doing something a little different this year. We are hosting "Homesteading Days" on Father's Day weekend this June. It's a weekend full of seminars on various aspects of self sufficiency; wine making, canning, processing livestock, bread making, gardening/composting, "prepping", dutch oven cooking and soap making. Here's the website http://mdhomestead.blogspot.com/ Each seminar speaker/teacher is an expert at what they do and I am confident they will send you home prepared to conquer what it is you are wanting to learn. There is a $10 off discount for each additional seminar you register for and free camping for seminar goers all weekend. We'll have a community bonfire on Saturday night and welcome help on the farm all weekend too!

If you have any questions, please pm me or comment below
frow.gif

HI! Carroll County here too!! New to the Chicken world, but I am learning quickly!! My boyfriend is starting to call me has "crazy chicken lady".

Buff Orps in Boonsboro, but that would be an entire afternoon spent on the road. I drive from Mount Airy to Upper Marlboro once a week, and that is 1.5 hours each way. I'd plan for a 2 hour trip each way, if not longer, and stop off in Frederick for lunch or dinner if I was driving from Davidsonville to Boonsboro for chicks. (I just drove today from here to York Haven, PA for 3 chicks, lol). http://frederick.craigslist.org/grd/3795655164.html is the ad.

Last edited:
Hi Marylanders! I am hoping to find some fellow fanciers that live in or near Washington County that would be interested in increasing their flock. I have several hens that have just turned 1 year old and are laying great and are very spoiled and healthy. I have 2 of about 10 different breeds. I love my birds and would like to see them go to a lovable home. I have way too many eggs and am just wanted to decrease my flock some. I had 4 hens go broody over the winter so I have way more than planned. If interested please let me know. Thanks.

I realize this is an older post. Figured I'd take a chance that you may still have some laying hens? Must have friendly disposition, as I have three children. Thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom