May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

So my lil guy that hatched at 7pm last night is still laying on his back. He's alive but lays belly up. Does not put his feet in front of him. I want to open it and grab him but I have 5 more pipping, he's a ameruacana. My others that are pipping are buckeyes and i really want them to hatch!!! Totally don't know what to do.
Did this little one ever find it's feet? I had posted an earlier response that my Ameraucana seem to like lying on their backs - thought I would show you what I was talking about - this is Nugget - a Blue Splash Ameraucana - she/he is now 4 days old.

It will actually sleep like this ....

And not just in my hand either .......

They will do it in the brooder too. This is not the first little Ameraucana that I have had that would do this - as a matter of fact, Nugget's mom and dad will do it too - even as full grown chickens they will lay in my arms like a baby. For some reason they seem to enjoy having their tummies rubbed. The only other type of healthy bird that I have had to do this is my Muscovy Ducklings?!?

Did this little one ever find it's feet? I had posted an earlier response that my Ameraucana seem to like lying on their backs - thought I would show you what I was talking about - this is Nugget - a Blue Splash Ameraucana - she/he is now 4 days old. It will actually sleep like this .... And not just in my hand either ....... They will do it in the brooder too. This is not the first little Ameraucana that I have had that would do this - as a matter of fact, Nugget's mom and dad will do it too - even as full grown chickens they will lay in my arms like a baby. For some reason they seem to enjoy having their tummies rubbed. The only other type of healthy bird that I have had to do this is my Muscovy Ducklings?!?
. That's to funny u need to make up some Lil brooder hammocks for them

Did this little one ever find it's feet? I had posted an earlier response that my Ameraucana seem to like lying on their backs - thought I would show you what I was talking about - this is Nugget - a Blue Splash Ameraucana - she/he is now 4 days old. It will actually sleep like this .... And not just in my hand either ....... They will do it in the brooder too. This is not the first little Ameraucana that I have had that would do this - as a matter of fact, Nugget's mom and dad will do it too - even as full grown chickens they will lay in my arms like a baby. For some reason they seem to enjoy having their tummies rubbed. The only other type of healthy bird that I have had to do this is my Muscovy Ducklings?!?
Oh how sweet!! I hope mine will do that... :love

Grrr I still can't join in over there , my last hatch is set for the 31st my mother in law is putting up some Cochins eggs for me to hatch in June I also found a brahma breeder up in gunacasta about three hours north of me so I may be making a run up there this weekend if time allows

El with what I have going you could adopt or godfather a few of them. LOL
So far its 3rd 8th 11th not counting duck/guinea eggs I am collecting for the bator. Saturday I might have 10 Rouen and 2 dz Pearl & Pearl/White eggs collected.

Thrads going by to fast. Or I am in to many threads and hen houses.

OMG - there is nearly 400 unread posts on this thread I have not read!!!!!!! - Incredible how fast you all post! All these chicks I have missed!!!!!!!!

We are for lockdown tomorrow guys. I candled one egg and it looks like a chick however last time last month I saw the same thing and it was scrambled egg!!!!
SO heres hoping for live hatches this time round

Oes

Locked down 29 Coturnix quail this morning....
I wish you could candle these guys without destroying the safety coating on the egg...
Sure makes for a nervous 17 days :)

Thursday locking down the rainbow flock
2 Black Austrolorp, 4 Lavendar Orps, 4 Swedish Flower, 4 Old English game, 2 Buff Silkies, 2 Buff Brahamas, and 6 "eggers choice" surprise eggs (of course they are green and blue so I have an idea of what might be inside)

Back
Top Bottom