May trade for a new horse thoughts please?

Quote:
WOW! Now I know what Max would have looked like had he not been a palomino! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Yeah, he's a looker. I don't imagine that they're going to have too many problems re-homing him, even with today's market. If his personality and training is as advertised, I think he'd be great for both the OP and for Daizy, a bit of a mellow steady eddie influence.

He does say confident beginner and that is not me for sure and the contract I don't like. I did try and contact them though and I can't seem to be able to register on firefox or IE it won't show me the captcha code to enter for some reason.

Hi Terina -

My sister FINALLY got the phone numbers for the gal in Castle Rock looking for a good home for her two horses. I'll give you the numbers and leave it up to you to make contact if you're interested.

Castle Rock is 45 minutes south of Olympia just off I-5.

Good luck to you finding the perfect horse for you. I won't be posting any more prospects.

OOPS - forgot the numbers

Terri's home number is: 360-274-5658

Cell number is: 360-852-4428

Last edited:
This horse is somewhat closer to me....I have asked for better pics. This is the best pic shown.

15 year old mare. 14.2 hands.....not sure if this horse can handle my weight. I would not think so being so short and her legs don't look large boned to me. She is Arab/Quarter horse. Owner has her papers and can be registered pinto and paint.

53126_horse.gif

Quote:
I have seen short horses handle big weight. If they have good bone structure and are built like bricks.
This mare can only be registered pinto. if she is an arab cross, and if that parent was registered, then she can be registered 1/2 arab. She cannot be registered paint, as they only accept paint/qh/tb parents.
And she can't be half QH as she is a paint/pinto colored horse. Unless her parent on that side is a dual registered QH/Paint, then she can be registered half QH, but they don't do shows, and the AQHA doesn't have
half QH classes.

I have seen some pretty hefty people riding half arabs, so it could be a good match!

I would love to see more pics.
I board at a retired pinto/half arab breeding farm, so I know way more about pinto's and half arabs than I should!! l
LOL
Carol

I have more pics but don't show her build very well. I post one of the front....she is pretty.

ETA: She looks underweight to me....what do you think?

Last edited:
This is what the owner says about this horse and the other pics I have available originally.

Chewy is a Arab/Quarter Horse mare (female) who is 15 years old, born 5/20/95. She is about 14.2 hands and her coloring is Chestnut and White Tobiano Pinto. she can be rigistered as both a Pinto and a Paint and I have the papers if someone were interested in doing so. she has never been bred, but could possibly do so. I would prefer that if she were bred it only be done once or twice, as I don't want her being turned into a stricly broodmare.

She is a great trail riding/pleasure horse, but could be trained in English or Western showing. She would be a fantastic lesson horse as she does well with children and loves being pet and groomed and is very patient. She could also be used by an intermediate rider, but wouldn't be much of a challenge for an advanced rider. I have only loaded her a few times, but she did so really well. She's not a fan of freezing cold baths (prefers lukewarm water), but will put up with them if she's tied up. She doesn't spook too easily, but isn't a fan of fireworks or thunder storms.

She hasn't been worked in a little while due to my own back injury (not hers) and my inability to get out there with her. She's gotten to be quite an expense considering I am unable to ride for the next couple of years and I would rather see her being ridden than sitting here in the pasture. I would prefer that she go to a home that has other pasture animals or where she would be sure to be ridden at least once a week. I just don't want her to be alone.

53126_horse1.jpg

53126_horse2.jpg

53126_horse3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom