May trade for a new horse thoughts please?

Yeah I was gonna say 14.2 is really small anyways! I feel funny on anything less than 15H, unless it is really, really stocky horse! Our "baby" mare (will be four this year) is about 14.3, but pushing 15h. She's got some build, but I'll still feel funny! At least shorter means easier to get on!

I have known a number of 14.2 horses who are good mounts for a heavy rider. (Not *most* 14.2 animals, of course, but over the years have known a good number who ARE, basically short-legged draft things)

However this was FOR SURE NOT one of them. Way way too light build and too narrow. Doesn't matter that she's sold, you didn't want her anyways.

Pat

The seller was lying, so its good she was gone.
She CANNOT be registered as a Paint.
From the registration form
Foals with a QH or TB parent also must have on file a copy of the QH or TB registration certificate (both sides). If this is a QH or TB mare’s first APHA foal,
include a QH/TB mare enrollment fee of $10.

And from the website;
To be eligible for registry, a Paint's sire and dam must be registered with the American Paint Horse Association, the American Quarter Horse Association, or the Jockey Club (Thoroughbreds). At least one parent must be a registered American Paint Horse.

So there may have been other things the seller was lying about.
It was good you passed on this.
keep looking it will happen!!

Carol​

The seller was lying, so its good she was gone.
She CANNOT be registered as a Paint.

"Lying" is pretty strong. More likely "uneducated". It never ceases to amaze me at how little most of us actually know about our own breeds and even our own horses, and how much we just "assume we know", myself included. I do agree this was not the right horse for the OP, however.

It's always been my "luck" or "fate" that when I am not able to put something together like this, that eventually things happen and I am grateful I wasn't able to do whatever it was I wanted to do back when I wanted to do it. Maybe that's what is happening here. Maybe there is a reason it shouldn't happen yet. But eventually it WILL be the right time and when it is, everything will fall into place so easily that arabianequine'll be amazed.

Good luck and best wishes,

Rusty​

I did not think this mare was able to handle my weight but just wanted to confirm that. In case I was passing up a good horse/deal. I myself do not know much about the registering of horses obviously. I do know the horse was posted yesterday and gone that same morning so it must have been a good horse for someone.

I have been pretty bummed out about "buddy" the last horse in Olympia. I was already to go and told the night before he was hurt. I have not even tried looking since for the last month but just restarted a bit yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom