Mean Girls: Chicken Edition

Pics
I'm sure the chicken dosent mind, if he/she knew how many compliments got tossed it's way id say that would be a happy chicken.
Well, I’ve been telling her (and her sisters) every single day since they’ve been mine how beautiful they are. My husband thinks I’m crazy for it, but the rooster has only pecked me once and he gets pecked nearly every time he goes in their area! It probably isn’t related, but I’ll never tell him that!

This here is why I'm not 100 percent sure.This is a juvenile Lavender Orpington cockrel next to a hen,very similar. I wish this place had better pictures, you're a winner either way so it totally dosent matter. I just want to know if you have chicks in your future. :)
LavenderOrpPulletRoo-300x247.jpg

The thing with Orpingtons is the hens can have more downward facing feathers before the tail. The other pictures the OP posted shows no actual saddle feathers, so in that original photo it must be a trick of the lighting that makes it appear to have saddle feathers.

I feel so bad for this chicken. Can you imagine what it would be like if your mom posted a picture of you on the internet and people were debating your sex this much?
:lau:lau:lau

I still cannot tell the sex either. Heck, I am having trouble with breeds. I have gone TWICE to pick out new Bantam Cochin chicks. 2 weeks ago I brought a Silkie home in the mix and today I brought home a rare Crele Orpington in my mix.
You can feel better about yourself now.

Back
Top Bottom