Met my babies

Here is what the outside looks like for now. We still have a lot of work to do on it but at least the dogs cant get in. The kids will be painting the outside of it over the next week weather permitting.

I gave them a little treat today of spinach and grit. They don't seem interested in either at all. So far 3 of them have names. We have Dot (Wyandotte), Sunlight (Buff Orpington), and Spike (Black sexlink). We are still working on names for the 2 EEs.

Here they are this morning. They were very active running around the coop and playing (i think that's what they were doing.).

WE are hoping to have a mini run cleaned up and open for them this weekend or next. Depending on the weather.

I think I may have a roo. My dark EE keeps jumping in the backs of the others.

Here is the light EE.

How old are they now?
In the lighting of the brooder lamp I see very typical ee pullet colors, but could be off..
Based on those pictures alone, I thing both EEs are female.
Age & pictures in natural light, including a close up of comb & we could quite possibly put your mind at ease.
:D

How old are they now?
In the lighting of the brooder lamp I see very typical ee pullet colors, but could be off..
Based on those pictures alone, I thing both EEs are female.
Age & pictures in natural light, including a close up of comb & we could quite possibly put your mind at ease.
big_smile.png

They EE's are close to 6 weeks now. on Friday they will be 6 weeks. I will try to get better pictures. I don't get home until after dark from work. I will be able to get better pictures on Friday. Thank you for your impute. I am glad that you think they are girls. Although I would not mind it if one was a roo. I think i might like to try hatching later a few egg next year. just need to find the right type of roo for all my girls. I want a larger variety of egg colors.

My children named her Spike because she currently looks like she has spikes on her head.

I am going to be keeping an eye on her back to see if she is just growing in slow or if one of the others is plucking them out. She should be 5 weeks on Friday. Do black sexlinks grow slower than other breeds?

We worked on improvements to the coop and started the rum today. My chicks don't like pictures but I did manage to get a few in.
Dottie - Silver Wyandotte

The EEs. (The dark on is Phoenix and the light one has still yet to be named)

Sunlight - Buff Orpington

The outline for our run.

Put in the new roost today and put the light up night to start weening them off the light. I think I might put it a little lower since midnight is still needs the heat being so young.

Back
Top Bottom