Meyer Hatchery - 4 of 15 chicks dead

Debs55 - yikes, what an awful thing to have to go through! :( I really hope the ones you got all live and thrive and that you can get some healthy replacements for the ones you lost!

I am sooooo sorry for what you have to go through and still are going trough it's going to be a tough couple of days!

I did just get tears in my eyes when I saw the pictures. how sad this all is...

I wish you all the luck in the world that many of the remaining ones make it and that soon you can look at them and smile at their cuteness.

So sorry! Hopefully the rest pull through for you.
hugs.gif

It's a miracle that ANY survived! Wow, to still hear chirping after all that. So sad about the losses, though. I was picturing opening a box with 14 dead chicks and I just about freaked out thinking about it! Right now, this very minute, I have decided to NEVER get chicks through the mail. If I can't get them at Meyers (2 hour drive), then it will have to be a ROAD TRIP to wherever!!! Also tooling around with the idea of incubating. Never, never, never, do I want to open a box with dead chicks. Never.

I really hope that my chicks ship okay in May... I also ordered from Meyer Hatchery. It was the best hatchery that I could find, that was also the closest. The closest one to me was 1 hour, but they didnt seem like a very good hatchery. We paid for overnight shipping (an extra 32 dollars) in hopes that they would arrive the day after they ship. We thought about just making a road trip and getting them, but gas is just too expensive to be driving 8 hours in one day.

I'm crossing my fingers for nice weather in May, and that my chicks will arrive safely!

I'm really sorry about your losses Debs55. Hopefully you don't lose any more :(

Last edited:
Thank y'all for all your support. There were two more dead this morning and 3 more weak ones that I moved to the hospital bin. Then while I was at school my dad found another one dead (one of the "healthy" ones). I had to go to another county for a required band thing today so my boyfriend went to my house to stay with them and he just called and said 3 more were dead when he got there. One is in "critical condition" and 3 are weak

It's a miracle that ANY survived! Wow, to still hear chirping after all that. So sad about the losses, though. I was picturing opening a box with 14 dead chicks and I just about freaked out thinking about it! Right now, this very minute, I have decided to NEVER get chicks through the mail. If I can't get them at Meyers (2 hour drive), then it will have to be a ROAD TRIP to wherever!!! Also tooling around with the idea of incubating. Never, never, never, do I want to open a box with dead chicks. Never.
I'm with you.... Never

Back
Top Bottom