Meyer Hatchery - 4 of 15 chicks dead

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jbs, Feb 13, 2013.

1. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    wow, but at least they're not lost and getting closer! You should have them soon. Hoping they are all OK [​IMG]

2. Debs55

Debs55 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm tryin to be calm. I'm just so scared ill get them and open the box to one of those horror stories. The PO told me they call about shipments between 6 and 6:30. It's past 7 here so I guess that means they have another day in the mail :(

3. Debs55

I'm tryin to be calm. I'm just so scared ill get them and open the box to one of those horror stories. The PO told me they call about shipments between 6 and 6:30. It's past 7 here so I guess that means they have another day in the mail :(

4. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Is the PO far from you? I would go up there and talk in person. I usually get better results face to face rather than over the phone. If they see how you they will know how important it is and maybe do something about it. Ask to talk to the Post Master for the branch and they may be able to help track them down by phone. I thought mine wouldn't make it yesterday but they showed up with the express mail even though they were Priority. See if there is another delivery later today with Express mail or if you can call where they were scanned last to see if they are still there.

5. Debs55

I've been to the PO twice so far and all they could tell me is that they would call as soon as they got there and my dad talked to the mail lady yesterday cause he saw her when she delivered the mail and she just told him the same thing

6. leemamahen

leemamahen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2013
    Western MA
    How nerve wracking! I hope they make it to you safely today! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  7. Debs55

2:00 here and still no chicks and no idea when they will be here

8. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    be sure to have heat pads and yolk water ready I hope you get them soon!!![​IMG]

9. Debs55

So after going back and forth with the PO here and in surrounding areas all day they've basically told us they don't know where they are. We are supposed to call back to a larger PO near us at 6 who said they MAY be on their 6 pm truck. But really they have no idea. Any chance they are even still alive?

10. MollyDora

MollyDora Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Crocker, MO
    and???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by