Meyer Hatchery - 4 of 15 chicks dead

Wow, that's really unfortunate.
sad.png
I don't understand why they wouldn't guarantee their chicks for 48 hours. Heck, even feedstores will usually replace chicks if they die in that timeframe! The guarantee shouldn't be about shipping, it should be about the fact that some chicks are just born weak and fail to ever thrive. I'm not impressed with the accusatory wording in that email either. Sorry for your losses.

we had a shipment from Meyers in December and 7 of our 15 chicks died, 6 within the first 48 hours and one a few hours later.

We do however have some Black Copper Marans reserved at Meyer that we will be getting in July, but won't get any more from them after that. We live 1 hour away from Cackle Hatchery and just picked up 24 birds there yesterday and they are as happy as can be.
Overall they just seem healthier then the Meyer birds.

My chicks shipped from Meyer on Monday. And were scheduled to arrive yesterday. But they didn't and the tracking hasn't been updated since 4 pm on Monday. I'm a nervous wreck

I just got mine from Meyer today. Shipped Monday and I'm only 7 hours away - still took 2 full days to arrive. And they don't update the shipping info with Priority
shipping. So it's only scanned when it leaves first PO and arrives at last PO. At least this is what my PO told me more than once.
I'm sure they will show up tomorrow. Hang in there and be ready for them with electrolytes in the water to help them recover from the long trip.
I know how hard it is to wait and how worried you are.
hugs.gif

I dip all my newbies beaks in yolk water. if one seems weak I also like having those hand warming packets on hand. shocky chicks need to be ex warm. some one said if you put a sock over their backs as they sleep the think it is a wing.

Back
Top Bottom