Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Just wanted to share the photo I'm using for my christmas cards!

That's adorable! Is that a Meyer Buff Orpington?
I just thought I'd share, I guess my young girls won't be going outside anytime soon
hmm.png
Their pop hole is under that drift.

That's a big snow drift! If the door wasn't covered, would your girls go out in the snow? My chickens have always refused to step foot in it.

That's a big snow drift! If the door wasn't covered, would your girls go out in the snow? My chickens have always refused to step foot in it. 

My young ones won't go out in even a little bit but the big girls are usually out and about as long as the snow isnt a foot+ deep like it is now. They love going under the coop because there's hardly any snow under there.

This was my first year ordering from Meyers, and I have to say that I have never had such sweet chickens before. I usually get a batch of chicks every year from somewhere, but I will never get any from anywhere but Meyers again. They are the best!!

This was my first year ordering from Meyers, and I have to say that I have never had such sweet chickens before. I usually get a batch of chicks every year from somewhere, but I will never get any from anywhere but Meyers again. They are the best!!

I agree. They have the best temperament in a chicken. I have an order in for more chicks in March. Can't wait! :weee

Here are my Meyer girls at around 5 months old!

Rose the Easter Egger

Iris the Blue Andalusian

Violet the Black Australorp

Lotus the Speckled Sussex

Poppy the Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

I took pics a couple days ago but am just now getting around to taking them off my phone.

It was interesting to see that they stayed huddled together. Usually when they are out they are all spread out. I have a couple pics and they were always in this tight group.

Here is the polish that burned her crest. Look how flat it is on that side!

here you can see the burned feathers. Looks funny, especially when you think she used to look like that SLP behind her!

Back
Top Bottom