Meyers, tracking and blizzard, oh my!

I'm sorry to hear that your chicks all perished. I'm curious to know what cities your shipment passed through. Like I mentioned before, I've heard several incidents of lost or misplaced shipments when they have gone through St Louis. Did your tracking info have them going through there?

Now if things follow the pattern with Meyer, I would expect to hear that the breeds you ordered cannot be immediately replaced because they have pre-sold most of the upcoming hatches and you will have to wait for them to become available again. I hope that's not the case, but that's the pattern that I've seen with Meyer and MPC. I'm sure they will refund your money, and they will collect the insurance money on the order. So it's a win win for them and you may end up back at where you started with no chicks. That's just my prediction, and I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this many times before. Best of luck.
Rob

Quote:
No, many people get their chick from Meyers to here in MA in 24 hours. I think it was a combination of the storm and post office mishandling/losing the chicks.

I'm sorry to hear that your chicks all perished. I'm curious to know what cities your shipment passed through. Like I mentioned before, I've heard several incidents of lost or misplaced shipments when they have gone through St Louis. Did your tracking info have them going through there?

Now if things follow the pattern with Meyer, I would expect to hear that the breeds you ordered cannot be immediately replaced because they have pre-sold most of the upcoming hatches and you will have to wait for them to become available again. I hope that's not the case, but that's the pattern that I've seen with Meyer and MPC. I'm sure they will refund your money, and they will collect the insurance money on the order. So it's a win win for them and you may end up back at where you started with no chicks. That's just my prediction, and I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this many times before. Best of luck.
Rob
I wish I knew where my chicks traveled but I can't help you there. No one ever scanned the bar code on the package. The tracking number only said a label was created. The post office insisted that Meyers never dropped it off. So when I picked up the chicks I asked the girl in the post office to scan it just to see if it worked and YUP, worked like a charm. So, how does a package travel through that many check points and never ever get scanned not even once? That was the most frustrating part, no one could tell me anything because it looked like my package was never in the USPS system.

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I'm so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I HATE Stella!

I wish I knew where my chicks traveled but I can't help you there.  No one ever scanned the bar code on the package.  The tracking number only said a label was created.  The post office insisted that Meyers never dropped it off.  So when I picked up the chicks I asked the girl in the post office to scan it just to see if it worked and YUP, worked like a charm.  So, how does a package travel through that many check points and never ever get scanned not even once?  That was the most frustrating part, no one could tell me anything because it looked like my package was never in the USPS system.  

Yeah, unfortunately I've heard these stories way to often. I think that you'll really enjoy the crested cream legbars, I have them here too, they are usually very friendly birds and depending on the lineage, you should get some nice blue, and or green eggs. The autosexing trait is great too. As far as the black copper marans, you should be able to sex those pretty accurately by 3-4 weeks old, I can with mine at least. The cockerels will have substantially larger combs by then. Here's a website that you can check out for a neighbor, and good friend of mine that ships legbars, marans, lavender Orpingtons, and olive eggers. We both have similar stock here and I can speak for the quality of birds that she has. We both have black copper marans from greenfire farms lines and we have both bred some olive eggers that lay some phenomenal eggs, crossing crested cream legbars and marans. They usually end up being mostly all black birds that pick up a head crest from the legbars. The eggs usually fall in the xtra large to jumbo size range. Her website is Wickplacefarm.com. I just spoke with her and she has some olive egger pullets that are just starting to lay right now, you would have to check with her to see what she will have for chicks, if that's the route you prefer. Here's a pic of some of my olive eggs.

Only the dark green ones are olive eggers the others are just there for contrast. If you get in touch with her, just let her know that I sent you to her,
Thanks,
Rob

Yeah, unfortunately I've heard these stories way to often. I think that you'll really enjoy the crested cream legbars, I have them here too, they are usually very friendly birds and depending on the lineage, you should get some nice blue, and or green eggs. The autosexing trait is great too. As far as the black copper marans, you should be able to sex those pretty accurately by 3-4 weeks old, I can with mine at least. The cockerels will have substantially larger combs by then. Here's a website that you can check out for a neighbor, and good friend of mine that ships legbars, marans, lavender Orpingtons, and olive eggers. We both have similar stock here and I can speak for the quality of birds that she has. We both have black copper marans from greenfire farms lines and we have both bred some olive eggers that lay some phenomenal eggs, crossing crested cream legbars and marans. They usually end up being mostly all black birds that pick up a head crest from the legbars. The eggs usually fall in the xtra large to jumbo size range. Her website is Wickplacefarm.com. I just spoke with her and she has some olive egger pullets that are just starting to lay right now, you would have to check with her to see what she will have for chicks, if that's the route you prefer. Here's a pic of some of my olive eggs.
Only the dark green ones are olive eggers the others are just there for contrast. If you get in touch with her, just let her know that I sent you to her,
Thanks,
Rob
Thank you Rob. Your egg basket is awesome! Im excited for the cream legbar and happy that at least I know Ill get one for sure hen! He said his Marans are Little Peddler and his Cream Legbar are Rees or something like that. I think that might be the line he breeds from or something. Are you familiar with either of those terms. Im a total newbie and I will ask him tomorrow when I get there but I'd rather have some insight before I go. They arent cheap and I like to be an educated consumer. I'm only purchases for my own pleasure/hobby so I really just want pretty and healthy chicks. Not planning on breeding or anything. Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom