Meyers, tracking and blizzard, oh my!

Regular waterer....Done. Thanks. I havent really seen the swedish flower drink yet should I dip her beak? I tapped her beak against the nipple waterer twice but not much came out and not sure she got any. When she wakes up I will dip her beak in the regular waterer.

ETA ther were using a regular waterer at the breeders. and they are 3 days old.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response. I will say that a company as large as Meyers must indeed have contingency plans for severe weather problems that occur . Not just blizzards but hurricanes etc. To be responsible for the lives of animals means that you must do everything possible to ensure their safety and all corporations have emergency plans they put into place in these types of events (I know, I worked for 2 fortune 500 companies). If Myers does not, that is a very real problem. As I look at numerous threads it appears that most responsible hatcheries suspended shipping during the blizzard.

As customers, I think it is very important to hold large corporations that make vast sums of money off us little guys responsible for not only the lives of animals but for the customers that keep them in business and that means when a horrible situation occurs that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the customer that you make them whole. That is a legal term. Making them whole is above just replacing money for the order. Your time, my time and effort and loss of potential profit has a value. When I headed up a customer service department for a large corporation I never
  1. Tried to blame the customer for something that was totally not their fault
  2. Always went above and beyond a simple replacement which does not compensate the person for their time , effort and loss of profits when a business is affected.
This is very simply just fair and just and it happens every day with the big guys. Just doesn’t happen with us small folks because we are dispensable.
I really appreciate your response but I am going to continue to demand Meyers accepts responsibility. The PO has all sorts of disclaimers regarding shipping in extreme situations and I hold Meyers responsible not the PO. Again, thank you so much for your response.

Regular waterer....Done. Thanks. I havent really seen the swedish flower drink yet should I dip her beak? I tapped her beak against the nipple waterer twice but not much came out and not sure she got any. When she wakes up I will dip her beak in the regular waterer.

You tap your index finger in the water as if it were a beak, and they will copy. Might work to try it on the nipple thingies too.

You can leave the dish water option if it makes you feel better but it really isn't necessary. Just tap enough to dangle a drip and wait. Once one finds it, they all will join in. Shouldn't take long.

Great video! The chicks are adorable
love.gif
jumpy.gif

Do you have a small hole in the top of the waterer....if not..poke a small hole at the top so the water can flow when they peck it.

Do you have a small hole in the top of the waterer....if not..poke a small hole at the top so the water can flow when they peck it.
I have a liter water bottle with a vertical nipple in the cap. When I poke it barely any water comes out. Ill try poking a small hole in the top of the bottle. That is one small but vital detail I've never heard anyone mention but seems logical. Ill give it a try. I really want them to use the nipple waterer, seems so much easier and much cleaner thus healthier too. Any tips on hanging the darn bottle from the side of my dog crate? I tried zip ties and that really didnt work. I am currently using elastics which is also not great and kind of a hassle. They all seem to be doing great, eating, sleeping, drinking and pooping. They put themselves to bed last night under the MHP right at dusk and not a peep out of them until dawn. So they got a good rest and today they are zipping around, running, jumping, flapping their wings so fun to watch. Two had pasty butt which I gently soaked in warm water and wiped with paper towel. The other chicks pecked at them alot when I put them back in. Its amazing how observant they are. They noticed right away "Hey, what's wrong with your butt?" and they all had to peck at it and investigate. I put a small amount of vasoline on the backside, I hope thats ok for them. The one I fixed yesterday has had no further problem and feathers are all back to normal today. Thanks for all the help for this new chicken momma
love.gif

I have a liter water bottle with a vertical nipple in the cap. When I poke it barely any water comes out. Ill try poking a small hole in the top of the bottle. That is one small but vital detail I've never heard anyone mention but seems logical. Ill give it a try. I really want them to use the nipple waterer, seems so much easier and much cleaner thus healthier too. Any tips on hanging the darn bottle from the side of my dog crate? I tried zip ties and that really didnt work. I am currently using elastics which is also not great and kind of a hassle. They all seem to be doing great, eating, sleeping, drinking and pooping. They put themselves to bed last night under the MHP right at dusk and not a peep out of them until dawn. So they got a good rest and today they are zipping around, running, jumping, flapping their wings so fun to watch. Two had pasty butt which I gently soaked in warm water and wiped with paper towel. The other chicks pecked at them alot when I put them back in. Its amazing how observant they are. They noticed right away "Hey, what's wrong with your butt?" and they all had to peck at it and investigate. I put a small amount of vasoline on the backside, I hope thats ok for them. The one I fixed yesterday has had no further problem and feathers are all back to normal today. Thanks for all the help for this new chicken momma
love.gif

The hole in the top of the bottle is a must.
Let me see if I can find the correct wording for it..I am horrible at explaining things...BRB

Back
Top Bottom