Mg

From http://poultrykeeper.com/chickens/health/mycoplasma-gallisepticum.html

Symptoms: in many instances Mycoplasma Gallisepticum infection in poultry is aggravated by respiratory colibacillosis and the complex is designated "Chronic Respiratory Disease" The most common indicators are the gooey stuck together eyes or runny eyes. Runny nasal pasages. Sneezing, coughing, wheezing and rattley breathing that can be described as “Darth Vader” breathing.

As the infection gets worse, a blue comb and wattles indicate it is severely compromising the bird’s respiratory system and the bird isn’t getting enough oxygen in to its tissues. There is a real risk of them dieing at this point quite suddenly.

Stress in birds is the biggest trigger for bouts of Myco or IB, changes in weather, home, new birds, lack of water, poor diet etc. cause stress so its best to avoid causing any unnecessary stress in your birds.

If one has it, most in with him would have it, too, I'd think. I doubt only a rooster would get it unless he's separate from the others.​

Their breathing was rattly and his comb was purple until i took him in and put him on a heating pad and he had greenish poo and he was nooding his head.

Back
Top Bottom