MGG's Hatching Thread!

Pics
Is this another late quitter with a cross beak? It's a skull malformation and is due to genetics usually so I'm leaning more and more towards an issue with the flock. I have my fingers crossed for the babies that hatch!
Well, the bottom part of the beak is longer than the top part. It's different than cross beak I think. It just quit last night, in the last few hours of day 19.
Thanks. :hugs

Well, the bottom part of the beak is longer than the top part. It's different than cross beak I think. It just quit last night, in the last few hours of day 19.
Thanks. :hugs

Cross beak can start like this and as the chick grows it will get worse and worse because it's actually the skull.

cross beak.jpg

Different roosters and hens?!? Well now I'm really surprised...I was thinking some kind of genetic issue but that would be weird if it's two different pens.
Well, the first chick with the crossed beak was marked as a BBS Ameraucana BBS Orpington cross, though it could have possibly been a pure BBS Ameraucana. The Orps and Ameraucanas were in the same pen.
The other one that died was from her pure Lavender/Black-Split Ameraucana pen.
I'm surprised too, I have no idea what happened.

Well, the first chick with the crossed beak was marked as a BBS Ameraucana BBS Orpington cross, though it could have possibly been a pure BBS Ameraucana. The Orps and Ameraucanas were in the same pen.
The other one that died was from her pure Lavender/Black-Split Ameraucana pen.
I'm surprised too, I have no idea what happened.

I'm stumped. :confused:

I'm rooting for the other babies though! :fl

Back
Top Bottom