Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i'll clarify. I lost the use of my legs in an auto accident. guy blew thru the intersection, 100% his fault. because of the cheap insurance he carried, we're having to sue him and the company for the rest of my bills and damages. a year's lease payment here is 1/2 a house with acrage out there. so by moving my money lasts longer.

Thank you! I have already pm'd her, Had some concerns about his age with the young fools
roll.png
I have. (p.s. your signature is sooo true lol)
Quote:
Hey HenoftheWoods - IF you do decide you'd like a rooster, i have a beautiful EE that I actually got from Sara on this site....He is about 4 yrs old and a very friendly - NEVER been agressive and he is beautiful. Here's a pic for your viewing pleasure...I'd like to rehome him because we have a BO rooster that I'd prefer to mate with our girls....Have plenty of EE's right now -
[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/13163_100_4779.jpg[/URL]

We are going to Chickenstock too - and bring him to you then if you'd like - PM me and I'll send more pics - this one really doesn't show his true colors - BTW, his name is Brewster to Rooster!

I will vouch for Brewster! Chickflick and myself visited Nancy and was standing in her run and that pretty boy never tried to attack us. Complete strangers!! And he is beautiful
love.gif
!

Quote:
A lot of people keep a rooster around as a companion for their hens. There are nice roosters out there, not all of them are aggressive.

Wow you have neighbors that WANT you to have a rooster?!

Weird eh? Let's hope the love lasts!

Has anyone else noticed that bantams are SO much louder when hatching than other chicks? WOW. Last batch the loudest ones were bantams. Now I have 2 super loud bantams I can hear them over the tv when they're about 8 feet apart!

I should have 2 hatched anytime soon. 4 more are pipped. Then I have quite a few more next week, almost all bantams
celebrate.gif

Quote:
You've got to be tough to live in the UP,eh?
lol.png
That much snow would kind of low for one month in some places. We had way less this last winter than normal, though. The total snowfall in Sault Ste Marie at the end of february was half normal - 3 feet short. And it snows through april (may if we are unlucky). One blizzard a couple years ago dumped 60" on the Sault in one weekend. I figure we are 2-3 weeks behind southern michigan in the spring, and fall comes about that much earlier.

What is great is the huge unpopulated areas, and the plethora of wildlife. And people up here are pretty great too. Unfortunately not a while lot of people to talk chicken to though. Thank goodness for BYC!

Quote:
Are you talking about my photos? Indeed, I need more organization. My coop and garage are combined but the silly birds want to be where I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom