Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing sweeter than a pic of mamma hen and her chicks!
love.gif

Hey Angela! How are your chickens doing? Oh and you and the family?

Nova - If they're mature they can be sexed by voice and presence/lack of a drake feather. The feather alone is not a sure fire way to tell, but between the two you should know.

Hey Olive - Another set of twins last night. All are doing well.

Awesome! Congrats! Looks like lambing season is off to a much better clip now. :)

Olive Hill Thanks Olive. Must have something to do with all the greens then. As far as the tree, well........ My DH came upon me throwing the thing at the ground, and he wanted to know what in the blazes i was doing. I was getting testy (It was one i didn't trust to eat) So i gave it to him. He winged it, sure it would do it.... nope. Then all his buddies had to check it out
roll.png
They got er done, but i will say the nasty neighbor is really lucky i was "out of eggs" ( It wouldn't really have been an anonymous egging, since i'm the only one around here with a blue-egger) !

lau.gif

Posted by RaZ That is a shame.I was not aware that they were the ones behind it all. I was horrified when i found out that the gov.t was allowing viruses to be put in our food. I buy non GMO non hybrid, but then i found out that that stuff spreads too. And i have the corn fields just down the road. Not a happy girl.

Its scary. The round-up alone is bad enough. There have been studies, where urine samples have been taken from city dwellers, and the amount if round up in their systems is unbelievably high. Amino fluids have also been analyzed and its found there. So, how is that messing up fetuses. Its shown to cause sterility in rats, repro problems in people... There are tests that have shown that the testes of rats have turned blue.
in India, the seeds that are supposed to produce more, grow better with the gene tampering fail at a phenomenal rate, and the farmers are forced into contracts that only lets them buy Monsanto's seeds. Its no wonder that they are killing themselves. But money covers it up. Too many Americans do not know what's going on, or going into the food...

It's simple, really. If you want GMOs out of the food supply, if you want animals out of intensive rearing environments, if you want preventative/growth enhancing drugs out of the meat and dairy industries you can make that happen, very simply. You don't have to go to the capitol or write your senator or wage a war on Monsanto. All you have to do is put your money where your mouth is. Vote with your grocery dollars. Farmers are running agricultural businesses. If you want change, be it.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that Americans like the idea of ridding ag of {insert horrendous commercial farming practice of the month here}, but they are not prepared for the reality of it.

Last edited:
It's simple, really. If you want GMOs out of the food supply, if you want animals out of intensive rearing environments, if you want preventative/growth enhancing drugs out of the meat and dairy industries you can make that happen, very simply. You don't have to go to the capitol or write your senator or wage a war on Monsanto. All you have to do is put your money where your mouth is. Vote with your grocery dollars. Farmers are running agricultural businesses. If you want change, be it.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that Americans like the idea of ridding ag of {insert horrendous commercial farming practice of the month here}, but they are not prepared for the reality of it.

And/or grow your own food.
But wait, so many ordinances are preventing even that. I'm not allowed to have chickens, bees or even a vegetable garden. I can have a horse though. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom