Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Elliott has gotten very friendly, my sister was getting a kick out of him following me today. Yesterday DH had to chase him off the front porch because he wanted to be with us.
HI Wynette
frow.gif

Boyd- MJ swatted at a fly and hit the salt shaker...worse part the fly got away!
hit.gif

Briana- sounds broody to me. I have had luck putting them outside as soon as they start and it fixes them...sometimes not though, they are stubborn birds!

Sorry folks are sick! We have the nasty head cold and cough here. Cough lasts the longest...
barnie.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Sarah

Quote:
Hi Michiganders...

CATRAY44 - could I bother you for that recipe?....sounds great....

And if you really cook w/ lard, I may stop in for a visit!
lol.png

(don't worry I'm in Ohio)....

Evening all! Everyone enjoying this fall weather? I love fall!!
big_smile.png

It seems it has my 7 month old Maremma puppy super playful all of a sudden! He especially loves the cool mornings and evenings, unfortunately the goats are not loving his playfulness!
barnie.gif
Of course, he is just playing and not hurting them, but they are not amused!
ep.gif
We are working on his training still, this is just a new challenge!
th.gif
All in all, he is a great boy and has already done the trick, no predator problems since he arrived!
celebrate.gif

Hope all our sickies are feeling better soon!
hugs.gif

Ok I was reading back and reread my post from earlier and either , what I now think is a cold, is screwing up my brain or I really need to proof read before I hit the submit button.
Hillbillyhen, it was you I was talking to a chickenstock about the turkeys. I am terrible at remembering names and putting them with faces. Your rooster is beautiful.
Chikeemomma don't worry I am a really bad speller.

Good morning everyone. Much to my dismay, as I sat with my chickens last night, I discovered that I now have WAYYY too many roosters. Some of the younger ones decided to mature overnight - I swear! I have 3 banty roosters, 2 mixed breed roosters, a phoenix rooster, a sicilian buttercup rooster and a sillkie rooster. They are starting to fight. I was going to wait until processing time for the Dixie Rainbows but I don't know that another 2 months is a good idea..... going to put a post for the roosters but if anyone wants the banty roos please send me a pm - you can have them! They are from MJ and are really pretty birds.

Quote:
Hi Michiganders...

CATRAY44 - could I bother you for that recipe?....sounds great....

And if you really cook w/ lard, I may stop in for a visit!
lol.png

(don't worry I'm in Ohio)....

Lard rules!

The recipe is from my favorite blog by Suzanne McMinn I somehow missed it, but ChickieMomma pointed me in the right direction!

The recipe can be found at < http://suzannemcminn.com/blog/2008/10/15/caramel-apple-jam-spiced-applesauce/ >

6 c cooked apple pulp
1 package of fruit pectin
2 c brown sugar
1/2 t butter
2 c white sugar (I used all brown in mine, as I was out of white)
1t cinnamon

Prepare your water bath and jars and bring the water in the canner to a boil

Whan canner is almost at a boil, Add pectin to the apple pulp and bring it to a boil.
Add the sugar and cinnamon all at once. Bring it to a full, rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute. Ladle into the prepared jars, seal and bathe 10 minutes for pints.

I may add a little bit more pectin to mine, next time. This was easy to spread, etc. but I think I may try it a little bit thicker.
suzannemcminn.com

Quote:
Hey ya'll, funny you should say that! Opa called yesterday- he has managed to lurk once or twice, so he doesn't get too far behind, but didn't have time for his usual well thought out posts, so he didn't say anything.

Look for him to be back on or about the 25th. He is really busy helping his sons with various projects.

Miss Jayne, hope those fingers are better- that had to have hurt like the dickens!

Quote:
I make dinner almost everyday, and there are days i say, cereal or pancakes for dinner,
pop.gif

the kids love pancakes with blueberries or strawberries for dinner, Chucks thinks were weird, but his the one that is weird LOL

this weather!!! another great day.

Quote:
I have Cochins and they stay pretty clean I have two roosters and 3 hens.

My wife wants me to get rid of one cochin rooster he is just learning what girls are and is a little ruff. The 6 other roosters get after him so I am thinking of sending him away.

I still have some BO hens and BO roosters to sell, trade or eat. They will be safe until the end of October to busy to deal with and get them to freezer camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom