Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We celebrated early (Tuesday evening) so we are already enjoying leftovers. It was the only time we could catch everyone with a night off together. Hey, we are just thrilled everybody has a job of any kind. We are very blessed, indeed! It was a nice time with all the grown kids and a few extras as well.

Soooo...I see my area is expecting 1"-3" of snow late tomorrow. I am happy for the hunters, and that's about all I can say about that! So if you are headed out to hunt tomorrow, good luck and be safe. And if you're one of those bargain "hunters" on Friday at the crack of midnight, well...good luck and be safe, too!

Happy Thanksgiving.

I really hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. We were able to raise our own turkey for the table this year and in part it is thanks to all the wonderful people here on BYC with all the good helpful advice.

CCF, that is so cute!!!! I had no idea that their little peeps could be heard inside the egg. I'm really considering hatching some eggs this Spring. I said I'd never do it, but....

I am sooooo tired! Just got through with all the food prep for tomorrow. We're going to the Lions' game, so all the work had to be done today. Drove to Romulus to pick up an organic turkey-big ole' 23 pounder for just the three of us and a friend. Oh, well, leftovers will be great. I made two pies- a pecan/sweet potato (that's the Southern girl in me), and my grandma's apple pie recipe. We're having a cream cheese/white shoepeg corn/green chili dish, a frozen cranberry concoction with horseradish (got the recipe from a national radio show), mashed taters that came from the garden a few days ago, sausage and wild rice stuffing, asparagus (our friend has to have it), and squash. Everything's ready, and all I have to do is throw the turkey in the oven in the morning before the game. I looooove Thanksgiving! It always makes me think about everything that I have to be thankful for, and that always makes me feel so good inside.

Happy Thanksgiving and much love to all.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Got some exercising in this morning
smile.png
Tomorrow I think I am going to go to Walmart and pick up some winter coats for the kids. they have some nice ones for $15 each. I am hoping the Fowlerville store won't be too busy!

Oh the eggless pumpkin pie turned out great! I had my dad come down and taste test it and he couldn't tell the difference.

Opa- Tell Granny Happy Birthday Day! What day is her actually b-day on? My brother's birthday is today and my Grandma is turning 80 tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary Hill Billy Hen!

Sarah tell your grandmother happy birthday. Her and Granny share the same day. Tommorow Granny will be 83.

The house is starting to smell wonderful with all the food cooking and I know it's going to be a great day. I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

YakLady----sounds yummy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL TODAY!!!
wee.gif

I am ready to start on the pumpkin pies I need to make. We are eating at 1pm at my mom's, and she only lives 6 miles away, so I am glad she is close and I have the luxury of baking today.

Today I am thankful for BYC. My interest in getting 4-H chickens lead me to this board, which lead me to Miss Jayne, which lead me to our new awesome church that the kids LOVE. It also has given me new friends like MJ and Catray, which are awesome. God works in mysterious ways, including using chickens and BYC to bless us.

Happy turkey day everyone.. Their is so much to be thankful for... we found each other and help each other.

Any way Boyd and Opa I will not throw out my man card. But I do go shopping with my wife on black friday. Great deals with for my children and being laid off for a yr you have to look for deals and then I am done with Christmas, wedding anniversary, and my wifes birthday.

I Hope that everyone's holiday's are great.

Quote:
Eggless pumpkin pie? You have all those eggs, and you make an eggless pumpkin pie? LOL! Sorry, that just sounded funny. Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote:
Eggless pumpkin pie? You have all those eggs, and you make an eggless pumpkin pie? LOL! Sorry, that just sounded funny. Happy Thanksgiving!

It was not on purpose! The kids were helping and the eggs got overlooked.

Sarah

caf.gif
Happy post Thanksgiving! After spending way too much money on an organic free range turkey someone else raised, I'm ready to raise my own for next year. It can't be THAT difficult right?
tongue.png

Welcome Kovalciks Chickens, there's usually a lot more action here, and people are very nice and very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom