Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to get eveeryone's thoughts on this Australorp I have - Not getting much on the gender board... This dude/dudette is about 12 weeks old - The comb isn't red, though the face is starting to redden. I ws thinking pullet for awhile because of the smaller non-colored comb, but the tail feathers coming in concern me. What do you tihnk? Roo or pullet with crazy tail? lol

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

I went shopping and finished my dish for Chickenstock. Going out tonight for some drinks with friends...not too many because I'm up bright and early to leave for Lansing in the morning. Oh, and need to remember to stop by the bank and get me some CASH! Looking forward to meeting everyone, seeing their lovely birds, getting some honey, and some dirt, and a stuffed chicken thingy, and trying some of Opa's smoked chicken!

So much to look forward to!

keyt1969 wrote:
ABSOLUTELY!!! Right now as far as stuff I'm bringing that I've made, I have one, maybe 2 blankets and a bunch of baby hats. If you don't like what I have I will gladly make you something!!! I'm known for intricate, fancy blankets and I think most of those are gone I'll have to check. Sometimes I'll make things and put them up and forget I have them lol.

Another broody would be great. I already have 3 silkies and a frizzle sitting on eggs. There's lots of room in the barn for the girls to spread out so I haven't had any fighting. Your BCM broody would be really spoiled and loved here I promise you that!

Please don't worry about not having fancy blankets to trade, she's been broody since April so she looks really awful, poor thing. Whatever you think a fair trade would be - I like hats, so that would be fine too.
smile.png

Hello all. I just found this thread. I am "illegally" keeping some chickens in my tiny suburban yard in metro Detroit. I just got my second egg today! I have 2 RIR, and Americana and 4 bantys. I keep them in chicken tractors and move them daily around my yard. My oldest dog (I have papillons) simply loves the girlies and always wants me to pick them up so he can give them kisses. They don't seem to mind so much
wink.png
Hoping to get to know you all some more. Kim

Still deciding whether to bring my 10 week old RIR cockeral and the one questionable cockeral tomarrow. If no one takes them (free of course) I won't have room to take home my Delaware from Hillbilly Hen (and hopefully a companion pullet
big_smile.png
) What do you all think? I could leave them home, post on Craigs list and at the feed store and hope. At least they are still young and mine are super sweet. If no one commits to take them I will probably leave them here and hope
fl.gif
Thanks. See ya tomarrow!

Chicken Stock/Off Topic---Will there be hand sanitizer there, or should I pick some up?
Might be good to have on hand as we handle different owner's chicks etc.

Janice

Quote:
It would probably be prudent if everyone brought some

Also I agree with Michelle that the australorp is a pullet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom