Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the photo of sleepy Carson and his belly, Keyt. Cutie.
If people could start off at 6 months old, I might have considered a 3rd child. ;)

Nova, I'm sorry about Mr. F. He was a mighty handsome bird.

Penny moves out in 2 hours. Our poor Australorp is going to be lost w/out him.

So sorry about Mr Fluffers, Nova. He was a beautiful roo.
Keyt, cute grand kid.
I am soo very tired of "glowing"! As soon as I go outside, I'm glowing.

Robin,

You are so sweet! You keep those porcelains!! Apparently, something around here developed a taste for them.

BYFM!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
really? You showed me that while I was eating chips, and now I swear, I cant swallow my mouthful...

AH, glowing... That's what I am doing eh? Not dripping and stinking it up to high hell? Glowing...
lau.gif
I swear I have to take a shower after every out of doors excursion. It was already 83 degrees out at 9:30 this AM, now I have no idea what the temp is, but I filled the water-ers last night, and will no doubt be refilling them about 4 this afternoon. I have 20 pounds of ice in the freezer, so... Glowing.... OK.

Nova-

sure am sorry to read about Mr Fluffers- you sure tried hard to bring him back around. I hope you hatch out a little Mr Fluffers to carry on his legacy...

I have to Mr. Fluffers in training already. I got two boys from Randy in Muskegon at CS. I will probably pair them up with Loralie and Beulah, both Mr. F's off-spring, along with a few of the other girls.

Now... Can I breed cousins? Since the girls have the same daddy, Beulah, she's actually a cochin banty/faverolle mix, and the only way you can tell is the bit of black she has around her face... but, since they are sisters, can I breed their offspring together? before I need to bring in another fresh cockerel?

I have a totally silly question. How long are roos fertile for? Is there a particular age?

Here's my issue. For 2 years I have incubated eggs with absolutely no problem, hatching out dozens of chicks each year. This year I've had 2 chicks and 1 duckling. I thought it was the fact that it was really hot in the room I had the incubators so I moved them to the living room and still nothing.

BUT, even though the temps in both incubators are perfect according to the brand new thermometer/hygrometer, when I open one it feels hotter than the other.

I incubated reptile eggs for over 10 years with no issues (not with these exact incubators) and chicken and duck eggs for 2.5.

he.gif
rant.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom