Mille Fleur Cochins

I got him from eggbid seller "tater" as he was selling out due to health problems he said. I just love this color of bird and want there to be a LOT of people breeding them. This is what I have found out so far, (from "the internet" which we all know is infallible) if the info will be of any help to anyone trying to get mille fleur cochins. From what I have researched, mille fleur is a combination of buff columbian gene and the mottled gene, both of which are recessive genes. (I think.)

People who like this color cochin, please just keep track of me and email me in about six months. I should have some sort of eggs I can share around at that time. I have ten mottled pullets, (and three mottled cockerels, one which I will not be needing) which should put out a decent number of eggs to be able to collect fresh and send a decent number on a given day. I am very excited about this and am bummed buzzard chick is bailing.

Last edited:
Here is a hotlink to the photo of the parent birds that he showed in the acution that are the parents of the eggs from buzzardchick and my little guy. The immediatly obvious plusses about my little guy when he hatched was a super friendly disposition and extremely well feathered feet. The down side of things, I'd say too much white, mine happened to be barely splay footed for a day, which corrected itself, and his wings are a little tending to split wing. His middle toes curve a bit to the middle as well. Not trying to talk you out of my birds or eggs, just trying to help you know which way to choose when choosing complimentary breeding stock.

mfcochins002.jpg

Are they still available ? Do you ship to VA?I might be able to get a bargain on a cockerel .

Last edited:
They're all so pretty. I wish I lived closer. Buzzard Chick, I could make the drive to Jersey if that bird can use that drill! It really is hard to find good help.

Flat $50 shipping can get them shipped express pretty much anywhere. It includes new Horizon shipping box, friut, eggwhites and scratch for the trip. I have had excellent luck getting birds to thier destination overnight. Thanks all for your interest.

Onthespot is correct the parent birds are the ones pictured from TATER. They still have a second molt to go through where the color willl get better. they also are only 3 months old so they have alot of filling in to do. Color is good you will have to work on type. The hen and one roo are better in type, but the other roo better in color. A good start for someone wanting to work on this color.

Jen

I will give you 35 for the pair plus the 50 shipping for them. That is 85 total. Let me know if you will take that, I am located in Sparta, TN.

Back
Top Bottom