Mille Fleur D'uccle Hatch-Along! Hatch date April 25, 2021!

topochico225

Enthusiasm Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2020
Deep South
Hey y'all!

I'm so excited to be independently incubating eggs for the first time! I'm setting 12 MFDU Bantam eggs from a farmer friend on Thursday. This is for a science project for Biology, and I'll be keeping 2 of the hatchlings. I'll be updating this thread as the incubation progresses!

Feel free to join me in hatching some beautiful chicks!

Just plugged in the bator, set humidity/temp/turning settings, and I'm letting it run a day ahead of setting the eggs! I get them tomorrow. I got the small egg insert for the bator, too.

Just set the eggs! The ones marked with an H were dipped in hydrogen peroxide as well as water. Hatch date should be April 24, 2021 if all goes well!
0.jpg

I know like no one's reading this, but I'm so impatient :gig It's only day 2 but I want to candle and set up the brooder already! :barnie
You could setup the brooder now and have it the way you want it so you don't have to fuss with it on hatch day.

I hope you have a independent hygrometer to see if the incubator is set correctly for temperature and humidity.

You could setup the brooder now and have it the way you want it so you don't have to fuss with it on hatch day.

I hope you have a independent hygrometer to see if the incubator is set correctly for temperature and humidity.
Yes, the hygrometer will be here tomorrow. BrinseaUS actually replied to a thread of mine and said they ran that bator dry until lockdown and it was fine.

Back
Top Bottom