Mille Fleur D'uccle Hatch-Along! Hatch date April 25, 2021!

I know like no one's reading this, but I'm so impatient :gig It's only day 2 but I want to candle and set up the brooder already! :barnie

Well, it's day 3, and candling isn't looking great. My friend did say they weren't sure if the rooster was still interested with the hens. I'm going to keep hoping, and candle days 4 and 5.

Crap. Glad I got a hygrometer in there. My house's humidity may be 50%, but the bator's was 27%. I added water. Will that affect whether the eggs have quit or not?

There are at least 5 developing.
THERE ARE AT LEAST 5 DEVELOPING!!!

Not gonna lie, I maybe teared up a little bit when I saw veins. I was so sure none of them were going to develop. I know, I know, don't count your chickens before they hatch!

Day 10 today. I've got two for sure developing and a possible quitter. Lotta clears, 3 blood rings. Chucking anything not viable at tonight's candling. I'm going to bury them in the front yard- keeps dog and chickens away, and feels more respectful than chucking them in the trash.

We've got wobblers! It was a response to tapping outside the incubator. I stopped the turner and put in the hatching mat and more water this morning. :fl

Back
Top Bottom