Minnesota!

Did you pull that yellow glob right out of the ear with a tweezer? It seems so large. Can you tell I work in the medical field? Lol, this stuff doesn't phase me.
I wish this app worked better on my phone so I could post a pic. The top of the yellow glob was a scab but it is also dark because I was putting bluekote on it until IVOEC came. But yes when I grabbed the tip with the tweezers the whole icky yellow piece just pulled right out...it was like a big glob of ear wax.. Sorry everyone I know this is really gross BUT maybe the subject can help someone else if they run into this problem...

Good luck with that! All don't with harvest?

Just wrapping up. We only have a quarter left of flowers then about a week of tillage left.

Running down sunflower stalks this morning.

I finally got my coop for the most part winterized. I finally finished my poop board project I had been putting off, got the top of the run tarped and the sides wrapped in stupidly over-priced clear plastic that im sure wont hold up anyways, and picked up two of them fancy rubber water bowls yall speak so highly of(and I see why).

Question, do you leave the feed and water out in the run in the winter? I figured I would to hopefully help on keeping the moisture down.

Close call, outside with my 2 small dogs and watching the girls in the yard. When all of a sudden I noticed this hawk swooping in my yard and talons out ready to grab 1 of my dogs I started screaming to the coop. To the coop and running in that direction and the hawk started flapping his wings backwards and then right above us another hawk squealed. Chickens went running most went to the coop and couple went under compost bins. Hawks landed in oak tree above the chicken run. I grabbed dogs put them inside then chased the Hawks out of tree by throwing sticks at them. Got the other 2 girls in the run and locked the door.. Poor things have to be locked up on a nice day like today..

Close call, outside with my 2 small dogs and watching the girls in the yard. When all of a sudden I noticed this hawk swooping in my yard and talons out ready to grab 1 of my dogs I started screaming to the coop. To the coop and running in that direction and the hawk started flapping his wings backwards and then right above us another hawk squealed. Chickens went running most went to the coop and couple went under compost bins. Hawks landed in oak tree above the chicken run. I grabbed dogs put them inside then chased the Hawks out of tree by throwing sticks at them. Got the other 2 girls in the run and locked the door.. Poor things have to be locked up on a nice day like today..

From what I have read hawks will typically be taking off around this time of year. I think with the warmer temps they are staying around a little longer than normal. Hopefully they will be off on their way soon!

I wish this app worked better on my phone so I could post a pic. The top of the yellow glob was a scab but it is also dark because I was putting bluekote on it until IVOEC came. But yes when I grabbed the tip with the tweezers the whole icky yellow piece just pulled right out...it was like a big glob of ear wax.. Sorry everyone I know this is really gross BUT maybe the subject can help someone else if they run into this problem...
The tops of the keratin cores that scab will also oxidize and turn black. (Think Blackheads)

I finally got my coop for the most part winterized. I finally finished my poop board project I had been putting off, got the top of the run tarped and the sides wrapped in stupidly over-priced clear plastic that im sure wont hold up anyways, and picked up two of them fancy rubber water bowls yall speak so highly of(and I see why).

Question, do you leave the feed and water out in the run in the winter? I figured I would to hopefully help on keeping the moisture down.
It is weird why that plastic is so expensive isn't it?!

Bizarre.

GFTG....You are right to put water out in the run to help keep moisture out of the coop. However if on a -25 or -30 day you decide to keep the girls cooped up ...or they'll probably decide that themselves to keep their toesies warm... then they'll want some water inside the coop for that day. You'll have to weigh it out and what works for you. My electricity runs into the coop and so I do plug in and keep water inside the coop. I've been thinking about the run though lately. IDK...

Back
Top Bottom