Miscarriage or not?

My sister went through the same thing. For two months the Dr said there was no heartbeat, and convinced her to abort. He did it and discovered too late that there was a heartbeat. She has never forgiven herself for doing this.

Just wanted to say I was thinking of you.
hugs.gif

No heartbeat.

Still no cramping or bleeding. We're going to give it a week and if I don't start, then we'll do a D & C

Can't say that I'm overly grieved, mainly because I never heard a heartbeat and the baby was kinda blobby on the ultrasound. DBF is pretty accepting of it. He just said, "Go'd just telling us it isn't meant to be." I'm not religious and my own version would have ommitted those first 4 words, but I guess it just wasn't meant to happen.

Thank you again everyone for your support and kind words.

It is true that some pregnancies are just not viable, but that doesn't make it any easier. I hope this finishes for you soon, one way or the other. Take care of yourself.

Hi there,
Low iron with anemia can cause depression (not just mirror it). It's a shame that we women get the antidepressants thrown at us so easily. It really ticks me off. I'm glad you had your iron checked and hopefully you will be feeling better soon. I'm sure that the three pregnancies have zapped your iron stores.

Regards,
Delfina

I thank you for being tolerant of your hubby's religious views that includes God. (agonastic here)
Not all pregnancy is viable and they may have some reason for the embryo not to survive. Better now than later! Hope it comes soon and you can heal thereafter.

No heartbeat.

Still no cramping or bleeding. We're going to give it a week and if I don't start, then we'll do a D & C

Can't say that I'm overly grieved, mainly because I never heard a heartbeat and the baby was kinda blobby on the ultrasound. DBF is pretty accepting of it. He just said, "Go'd just telling us it isn't meant to be." I'm not religious and my own version would have ommitted those first 4 words, but I guess it just wasn't meant to happen.

Thank you again everyone for your support and kind words.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss! It is a hard thing to go through. I hope everything works out for you and you are able to get a some relief from all the stress that you have been under. Hugs!

Thanks again, everyone

EweSheep, he's not my husband but he'd be flattered that you called him that! lol

After I tired of waiting fo cramping and bleeding to start, I made an appointment for a D & C yesteday for Apr 5th. Of course cramping started this morning and I began spotting. So we'll see how it progresses. I spoke with one of the counselors at the school I teach at who was a TREMENDOUS help with everything. DBF and I also had a brief, but "clear the air" talk today. Counselor also said that a miscarriage would qualify for bereavement, so I will have 3 days paid off. I just need to file paperwork tomorrow

Unfortunately, DBF has to work that Thurs I have it scheduled for. 1 friend has to take her dad to the doc (at a different hospital, he had a stroke 1 month ago) and 2 other friends have to work. One of the latter 2 is DBF's younger sister. She suggested that I ask older sister. No, older sister (and my mother) are both after me to try again ASAP even though doc said to wait at least 3 months and he recommended 6 (mainly just to get back to rhythm) although DBF and I both concluded that we're done. He says he would like to have a child with me just because it would be ours, but we're not going to try for it and going to keep up precautions. I plan on getting a tubal ligation this summer. So, I don't feel like having someone asking me about Next Baby on the way back from clinically extracting this one.

Again, more of a waiting game.

Sigh ...

Back
Top Bottom