Miscellaneous Photos from Free Range Time, plus others...

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Just snapped a few.

Wynette and Rita. Rita is the mother of Gabriel and Serena, two of my youngest adults.

Rex, the new main guy, son of Ida, Wynette's sister, and Isaac.

Below is Gabriel, who looks just like his daddy, Isaac, at that age, but is fairly skittish.
I wish he'd calm down. He's up for rehoming anyway. I don't need him or his 1/2 brother, Scout.

Serena, Gabriel's full sister.

Gypsy, my sweet older Ameraucana, over 6 years old, still laying. I adore this hen.

Delia, a Dela-Rock pullet.

Rocks and Dels. The Delaware hens are 5 years old now. Both are laying.

Very nice flock you have :thumbsup thanks for sharing them, I enjoy looking at and hearing about your birds and I try to keep them all straight. :)

Very nice flock you have
thumbsup.gif
thanks for sharing them, I enjoy looking at and hearing about your birds and I try to keep them all straight.
smile.png

Ha, I bet you can keep them all straight!
lol.png
Gets harder even for me as more newbies come along and the old ones leave us.

Guess I could add a picture of my buddy, Spike, my younger Belgian D'Anver rooster. He's actually sweet, no little Big Man syndrome in this guy.

Last edited:
You have a beautiful flock! Just curious...what are those long net looking things on the ground?

She just did a pen division and that looks like pieces of plastic fencing which have been replaced.

Cyn my Rexie Poo is so handsome. :love

You have a beautiful flock! Just curious...what are those long net looking things on the ground?
They are long pieces of plastic garden fencing that were supposed to cover the grass seed with hay on top of it. Didn't work to keep them from eating it. Will use those on the divider fence to keep Rex and Isaac from hurting themselves when they invariably spar at the fence.

She just did a pen division and that looks like pieces of plastic fencing which have been replaced.

Cyn my Rexie Poo is so handsome.
love.gif
Yes, he's a studly young guy, for sure! He's turning into a great flock rooster, too. Has all the makings of being just as good at it as his daddy is, but he hasn't earned the respect that Isaac commands just yet. They all adore Isaac, even squat for him with a fence between them, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom