Missing pigeon :'( plz help updated

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cochinGurl, May 27, 2011.

1. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    ok, so i live on an island, about a 5 minit ferry ride from the mainland. I have two pigeons, Dalilah (well, we call him "Dale" now...) and Lucky, there Iranian High flyers, both male. today they decided to take a fly, it was a nice warm sunny day, and a lot of other birds were riding the thermals. they lived up to there name and went REALY HIGH, like a thousand feet! they circled around above our house a while then kind of disapeared into the distance... after about 4 hours, Dale, (whos a bit stronger at flying) retuned. Lucky is still gone and its getting dark...[​IMG] could he have gotten swept away to the mainland by the wind? if so, could he find his way back? i'm realy worried about him i love him so much. ive had him since he was a month old. he was hand raised by a friend of mine. he is so tame, he follows me every where and lands on my sholder. maybe he found a girl pigeon somewhere and got destracted??? im worried about hawks to but they seem to evade them quite well. anyway, i guess my question is could he find his way back across the water??? any advice or support is apprisheated. thanks-cochingurl.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. cochinGurl

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    well, ive closed dale in for the night in their avairy, but left the door to the loft open so if lucky comes back real early in the morning, he can get in. any one with expirince please comment. [​IMG] hope he comes home!!!

3. Atomic Ranch

Atomic Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    El Cerrito, So Cal
    I wish I could help or comfort, alas I know nothing about pigeons. I do think it's really cool that you have them, though! [​IMG] Keep us posted when he returns?

4. cochinGurl

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    thank you, and yes i will post updates tomorrow.

5. cochinGurl

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    he came back! he was gone over night but made a safe return. his friend Dale is very happy to see him. [​IMG]

6. Atomic Ranch

Atomic Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    El Cerrito, So Cal
    [​IMG] Awesome!

7. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I'm glad he made it home. [​IMG]

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I was on the edge of my seat reading this post!! But I am so glad he has returned. [​IMG]

Now keep that bird safe where he belongs!! [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It's time to get some mates for those boys.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by