MissPrissy's sweetbread starter chocolate dessert- Almost done baking!

Quote:
droolin.gif
that looks yummy. I need to get that starter going. I tried but I didn't capture a wild yeast, and just haven't gotten back to doing it and using yeast.

How did you determine if you had captured wild yeast?

Quote:
Check inside the wild yeast trap.

lau.gif

Well according to the directions that I followed on her website, it was to get bubbles around the top, and it never did anything.

I must be doing good then because I have a lot of bubbles- looks like it foams to twice the size each day. The wild yeast trap must have worked!​

I am so mad at myself!
I had Miss Prissy's starter and kept it going....then I got sick. And forgot about it.

Today I looked in the bowl and it was all hard and crusted. I figured it was the same all the way through.
I used a spatula and started to scrape it in the trash.
hit.gif

The top inch or so was crusted and hard, but underneath it was still going. But it was too late. It all ran into the trash.
What was left in the bottom of the bowl smelled good. It was not discolored at all!

When I get moved in my new home, I will fall to my knees and beg Miss Prissy for another chance.

Heck I would order eggs from her just to get the starter, MissPrissy is tops in my book, I would just get the biggest kick out of just spending some time in the kitchen with her, rubbings elbows and sharing secrets of food, over a pot of something on the stove and a pot of coffee. it seems to me that she just really enjoy's it as do I.

AL

Back
Top Bottom