Mites/lice - now hen growling?

The dose is not drops. :D Birds should be weighed or at least have their weights guessed and the proper amount should be given. I have bolded the amount I use.

There are two types, one is injectable, the other is a pour on. The doses are different.

The max dose for 1% Ivermectin is 1 mg/kg which is 0.045 ml per pound. This can be given orally, by injection, or topically.
A five pound hen would get 0.23 ml.

The minimum effective dose for 1% Ivermectin is 0.2 mg/kg which is 0.009 ml per pound. This can be given orally, by injection, or topically.
A five pound hen would get 0.045 ml

The max dose for Pour On Ivermectin is 1 mg/kg which is 0.09 ml per pound. This is given topically only.
A five pound hen would get 0.45 ml.

The minimum effective dose for Pour On Ivermectin is 0.5 mg/kg, which is 0.045 ml per pound. This is given topically only.
A five pound hen would get 0.23 ml

DO NOT USE this on your dogs unless you are working with a vet!
The liquid ivermectin I have says 5mg ivermectin per 1 mL it doesn’t have % on box

The liquid ivermectin I have says 5mg ivermectin per 1 mL it doesn’t have % on box

My name is Andy and I have laying 14 laying hens!

Can anyone tell me the dosing of ivermectin for my chickens? I have the liquid that says 5mg ivermectin per mL. How much do I put on my chickens topically for deworming?
Welcome To BYC
The dosing for Pour On is below. Hope that helps.

There are two types, one is injectable, the other is a pour on. The doses are different.
The max dose for Pour On Ivermectin is 1 mg/kg which is 0.09 ml per pound. This is given topically only.

The minimum effective dose for Pour On Ivermectin is 0.5 mg/kg, which is 0.045 ml per pound. This is given topically only.

The dose is not drops. :D Birds should be weighed or at least have their weights guessed and the proper amount should be given. I have bolded the amount I use.

The max dose for 1% Ivermectin is 1 mg/kg which is 0.045 ml per pound. This can be given orally, by injection, or topically.
A five pound hen would get 0.23 ml.

The minimum effective dose for 1% Ivermectin is 0.2 mg/kg which is 0.009 ml per pound. This can be given orally, by injection, or topically.
A five pound hen would get 0.045 ml

DO NOT USE this on your dogs unless you are working with a vet!
May I ask a clarification ❓
The .23ml for a 5 lb hen of the injectable form... Does the dosage remain the same of .23ml regardless of how it's given (oral, inject, topical)? Also how often or for how long? Is it a one n done? Do you repeat after so many days?

May I ask a clarification ❓
The .23ml for a 5 lb hen of the injectable form... Does the dosage remain the same of .23ml regardless of how it's given (oral, inject, topical)? Also how often or for how long? Is it a one n done? Do you repeat after so many days?
That's how much you would give orally or by injection. I recommend giving it orally. The 1% ivermectin is not supposed to be given topically.

For most lice and mites, it's one and done. For scaly leg mites, I think it's very ten days, but I'm not sure. I would have to look that up.

That's how much you would give orally or by injection. I recommend giving it orally. The 1% ivermectin is not supposed to be given topically.

For most lice and mites, it's one and done. For scaly leg mites, I think it's very ten days, but I'm not sure. I would have to look that up.
It's for gape worms suspected by vet...And it's actually just an in case dose because I gave pancur for 5 days but for way under dose.
Did Pancur Feb 7th-11th (5days) at only a lil pea size, then found out true dose...So Feb 16th-18th (3days) at full sized dose. However, she's seemed to slip backwards as of just yesterday, having lost interest in her favorite treats and all. She was doing so good almost 90% back to normal self, until yesterday and today no initial in anything at all. So I felt 1 single oral dose of ivermectin will eliminate the possibility that I made the gapeworms too suspectable to the PanCur due to only having given that tiny of an amount for those first 5 days.

It's for gape worms suspected by vet...And it's actually just an in case dose because I gave pancur for 5 days but for way under dose.
Did Pancur Feb 7th-11th (5days) at only a lil pea size, then found out true dose...So Feb 16th-18th (3days) at full sized dose. However, she's seemed to slip backwards as of just yesterday, having lost interest in her favorite treats and all. She was doing so good almost 90% back to normal self, until yesterday and today no initial in anything at all. So I felt 1 single oral dose of ivermectin will eliminate the possibility that I made the gapeworms too suspectable to the PanCur due to only having given that tiny of an amount for those first 5 days.
Panacur (Fenbendazole) would be the right medication to use for Gapeworm.
Fenbendazole is dosed by weight not by "pea size".

Panacur 10% dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once daily for 5 days in a row. This will take care of Gapeworm and most other worms that poultry can have except for Tapeworms.

Did the vet not perform a fecal float?
What's her symptoms and where do you live (state?country?)

Do you see lesions inside her beak?

Panacur 10% dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once daily for 5 days in a row. This will take care of Gapeworm and most other worms that poultry can have except for Tapeworms.

Yes I know the correct dose, you have it to me. I did correct dose the second round. I included dates given, ECT.
No vet does not do a fecal float.
I live in Utah.
What does a lesson look like?

I don't understand what you meant by I quoted, I think you stated... And best to start my own thread. I understand why but how do I do so when I'm simply trying to clarify information someone provided in the comments of another post? Do I just copy the specified information, start a new thread and ask it under the copied but new thread?

Yes I know the correct dose, you have it to me. I did correct dose the second round. I included dates given, ECT.
No vet does not do a fecal float.
I live in Utah.
What does a lesson look like?

I don't understand what you meant by I quoted, I think you stated... And best to start my own thread. I understand why but how do I do so when I'm simply trying to clarify information someone provided in the comments of another post? Do I just copy the specified information, start a new thread and ask it under the copied but new thread?
I was referring to you question on this thread. The person was saying to put air in a chickens lungs and watch it. You asked about that....I was replying to you. That person has not been on but ONE TIME period, probably a troll. I provided you with a video of how the respiratory system works so you could understand that very unlikely you would "put air in the lungs" without doing some major damage.

You have questions? If you do, then starting a post of your own can be helpful to you, you can ask specific questions and hopefully will get some replies. It seems like
you are dealing with some illnesses/conditions and need extra help, so having a thread of your own, you can address those concerns.

As for lesions - well, lesions, mucous, yellow or white pasty material, sores inside the beak.

I was referring to you question on this thread. The person was saying to put air in a chickens lungs and watch it. You asked about that....I was replying to you. That person has not been on but ONE TIME period, probably a troll. I provided you with a video of how the respiratory system works so you could understand that very unlikely you would "put air in the lungs" without doing some major damage.

You have questions? If you do, then starting a post of your own can be helpful to you, you can ask specific questions and hopefully will get some replies. It seems like
you are dealing with some illnesses/conditions and need extra help, so having a thread of your own, you can address those concerns.

As for lesions - well, lesions, mucous, yellow or white pasty material, sores inside the beak.
Thank you very much for your time, help, patience and understanding...I am trying my best to understand how all this works. But from this very message going forward I will NOT reply or comment within another's writings and will somehow find a way to copy and paste it is specific to something someone started or said that I have further questions on, or start all over at the very beginning explaining everything all over from the very start. Again, thank you!
To the person who wrote this...I'm sorry once again to have stepped into your thread.

Back
Top Bottom