MJ's little flock

That’s a heck of a commute! :eek:
Well, it would be a flight Sunday and Friday evenings, unless they could accommodate distance work. I'd work something out re Sydney accommodation.

So it's no barrier to thinking about it, but the constraints on hens and cat are barriers.

Last edited:
Ivy's crest is quite full across the front this year.

IMG_2022-07-09-17-17-54-626.jpg

Well, it would be a flight Sunday and Friday evenings, unless they could accommodate distance work. I'd work something out re Sydney accommodation.

So it's no barrier to thinking about it, but the constraints on hens and cat are barriers.
I have done periods of working with a weekly commute. I am happy to talk off line if you are seriously considering it.
I found that it was OK for a short period but it became very draining and quite unsettling after a while.
A Sunday to Friday rhythm is particularly draining. Monday evening to Friday morning is just about sustainable.

ETA - to clarify, I meant a weekly commute by plane.

Last edited:
When I think about what others have gone through, I realise I've been very lucky.

The first three were taken in a fox raid, Sandy was euthanized when her reproductive health failed, Magnus was squashed by Peggy.

Three hens are doing well, one has a chronic respiratory health problem that somehow hasn't passed on to the others.

That seems appalling but take away the fox and squashing, that's only one hen dead from bad health so far and she was red laying hen.
I wish I could have done as well. You are doing very well. :hugs :hugs

Oh, by airplane. For me, that would get old fast.

I've flown over a million miles on American airlines alone. It's a tough business to be a business flyer. Not like @featherhead007 pleasure flights at all.

Back
Top Bottom