mom needs a text buddy

Oh, and just wanted to add that perhaps getting an internet connection, if possible, can be good for her - it makes so many resources readily available, and meeting new people is easier (through interest forums such as this one, for example). My Mom is quite a bit older tha your Mom, but she uses the internet, email, and Facebook a lot.

just a little info for everyone who is experiencing depression or knows someone who is. I am currently going to school for my Dr's in Naturalpathic medicine. and. I cannot express this enough, that any foods or drinks that contain aspartame, like diet soda and low sugar, sugar free items should be avoided by everyone, but especially those who have depression. aspartame is actually a low toxin chemical that can cause brain damage and neurological problems such as neuropathy and restless leg syndrome, But it is especially bad for those with depression because it messes with the chemicals in the brain. making depression much worse and sometimes fatal. Also I would like to add that my dad was given a timeline to live and he was not suppose to live past november 25 OF LAST YEAR! I have been studying very hard on natural cancer cures and my dad refused all radiation treatments and chemo. but he did agree to try natural options from me. I am extremely glad to say that since november of last year his cancer has not spread any further and the tumors are slowly shrinking. since I started him on a natural mixture tablet. It sad that money rules the world and scientists know the cure for cancer but there is no way for them to make money on it because it is easy to obtain which is why the demand for naturalpathic doctors is increasing.

just a little info for everyone who is experiencing depression or knows someone who is. I am currently going to school for my Dr's in Naturalpathic medicine. and. I cannot express this enough, that any foods or drinks that contain aspartame, like diet soda and low sugar, sugar free items should be avoided by everyone, but especially those who have depression. aspartame is actually a low toxin chemical that can cause brain damage and neurological problems such as neuropathy and restless leg syndrome, But it is especially bad for those with depression because it messes with the chemicals in the brain. making depression much worse and sometimes fatal. Also I would like to add that my dad was given a timeline to live and he was not suppose to live past november 25 OF LAST YEAR! I have been studying very hard on natural cancer cures and my dad refused all radiation treatments and chemo. but he did agree to try natural options from me. I am extremely glad to say that since november of last year his cancer has not spread any further and the tumors are slowly shrinking. since I started him on a natural mixture tablet. It sad that money rules the world and scientists know the cure for cancer but there is no way for them to make money on it because it is easy to obtain which is why the demand for naturalpathic doctors is increasing.
A clinical dietitian here; agree with you completely about aspartame, and caution even more strongly against sugar. Sugar-free foods being dangerous doesn't mean people ought to resort to plain ol' sugar, which messes up with our blood glucose and insulin, causes an insulin rush and glucose dive and thus contributes to depression as well. It's so very, very important to make sure your loved ones are eating well during a difficult time - good, healthy, natural, wholesome foods. Refined sugar, artificial sweeteners and food coloring are all poison.

A clinical dietitian here; agree with you completely about aspartame, and caution even more strongly against sugar. Sugar-free foods being dangerous doesn't mean people ought to resort to plain ol' sugar, which messes up with our blood glucose and insulin, causes an insulin rush and glucose dive and thus contributes to depression as well. It's so very, very important to make sure your loved ones are eating well during a difficult time - good, healthy, natural, wholesome foods. Refined sugar, artificial sweeteners and food coloring are all poison.
along with the depression from insulin rush it causes weight gain as well and weight issues are a big contribute to depression. The way i feel about it is god gave us everything we need to survive when he created earth and in the BC days people lived much much longer than we do now. technology is getting smarter and we think that all these easy to do convenient things like processed foods, to make more use out of a slaughtered animal is a great thing but in the end it is actually shortening our lives. and the worst of it is most processed meats are turned into foods that are most fed to our children like chicken nuggets and hot dogs, all the things kids love to eat. and cutting out processed foods from a diet can cause a person to become very sick its like withdrawing from a drug. I can 100% agree that changing a diet is hard especially if you are depressed because we all have that one food that brings us joy and comfort and we cant imagine never having it again. I'm sure as a nutritionist you will agree that changing your diet to our natural foods, can actually change the way you feel, your body will be able to function the way it is suppose to instead of relying on the bad foods that makes us feel good when we eat them but actually do more harm than good in the ling run.

along with the depression from insulin rush it causes weight gain as well and weight issues are a big contribute to depression. The way i feel about it is god gave us everything we need to survive when he created earth and in the BC days people lived much much longer than we do now. technology is getting smarter and we think that all these easy to do convenient things like processed foods, to make more use out of a slaughtered animal is a great thing but in the end it is actually shortening our lives. and the worst of it is most processed meats are turned into foods that are most fed to our children like chicken nuggets and hot dogs, all the things kids love to eat. and cutting out processed foods from a diet can cause a person to become very sick its like withdrawing from a drug. I can 100% agree that changing a diet is hard especially if you are depressed because we all have that one food that brings us joy and comfort and we cant imagine never having it again. I'm sure as a nutritionist you will agree that changing your diet to our natural foods, can actually change the way you feel, your body will be able to function the way it is suppose to instead of relying on the bad foods that makes us feel good when we eat them but actually do more harm than good in the ling run.
Yes, of course weight gain and diabetes are the next step, I was only talking short-term.

Changing a diet can be hard, VERY hard, and requires a LOT of motivation even if you do it in baby steps, but once you're beyond something (soft drinks, candy, processed foods) and it's no longer a part of your diet, or at least nor a regular part, it's so rewarding. Of course a depressed person can hardly be expected to make these changes by him/herself, I have an aunt who sadly suffers from depression and she can't even summon the energy to cook. It's really a vicious cycle because a person who doesn't have the energy and motivation to take care of him/herself becomes even more depressed. So really it's a time when others, whether by material help and/or emotional encouragement, step in.

Back
Top Bottom