More chicks than planned (photos)...

Wow, I hope that I can hold off the masses of chickens for a while. We were talking about getting 12 meat birds and well, I can't stay away from this website or the feed stores. We would have to build a new coop if i got anymore.

Thanks for all of the feedback. For the person that said you saw a similar ad for Coastal, it was this is the ad that got me. I picked them up at the Gresham Or. store.

It will be interesting to see what the two turn out to be that I thought were EE and RIR. There was a list of what breeds the store had in their entire assortment. They did not mention New Hampshire Red, Brown Leghorn, ISA Brown. Of course the hatchery could have thrown in some other breeds. The store did not mention it. I don't know what hatchery theu came from. I will probably call them in the next few days to ask.

I hope the Barred Rock is not a Roo. I don't want any roo's. I am aware though that out of 20 chicks I am likely to end up with one or two roo's. I have two more barred rocks coming on Wed. I will be curious to compare them to this chick.

The person that mentioned the Speckled Sussex looks exactly like their brown leghorns. The person at the store was absolutely certain it was a Speckled Sussex. They handed be this one specifically. Out of the five this was the one I wanted the most and of course there was not one in my box. They traded this one for one that they said was a gold sex link. I have another Speckles Sussex coming on Wednesday. I will compare the two.

Some of the photos lost some of their detail when I downloaded them. The originals were about 3mg in size. It is hard to tell from the one I thought was an EE that it has a chipmonk pattern on it's back.

Thanks.

im not sure about this as you say these were sexed chicks but your barred rock has quite a big white spot to be a pullet, can any1 else chicme in here have you guys seen a pullet come from a chick with this big of a white spot?, very cute tho

I'm so glad that I have the same problem everyone else has! Hubbie still thinks I'm just getting 5 HAH! He can't figure out why I want such a big coop, tee hee hee, I'm so bad. So far I can only get him to let me get a 10 X 8 coop and I'm going to order 20-30 chicks... I think I'll need a little more room. Thank God he doesn't look at this site, otherwise I'd be found out, giggle!
wee.gif

I had the same problem. I was only going to get about 15 chicks and now I have nearly 80. I really suspect that we'll see you on this thread in the near future saying you have between 40-50. The more chicks you have the more fun you have.

Back
Top Bottom