more fox questions-game cam pics

dinahmoe

Songster
10 Years
Sep 19, 2009
central georgia
game cam is in same postition.

i didn't think these 2 shared territory and also the grey fox would be much smaller.

also i am getting more and more pics of both.i guess they are getting comfortable with the camera.
the other night i went out to check on everyone before bed and saw 2 foxes on the other side of the chicken pasture(75 ft away)-i always have the dog in the chicken yard at night so they are ok.i know the fox are testing their bounderies and seeing them in more than one ,is that more of a concern?
BTW-the coops are very secure top to bottom.

41488_fox_800x600.jpg

41488_greyf_800x600.jpg

either way,neither is good for this little guy

41488_rebbit_800x600.jpg

edited to say that the pictures were taken on the other side of the 30 acre pasture.

Last edited:
If you can, kill them. I've have a problem with foxes here. They will attack at ANY time, day or night. They won't take just one, they will kill everything you have if they have the time when you are not around. Take it from me, the fox is NOT a good thing to have around your chickens.
Jack

sorry you have had problems with the fox.i have never seen these in daylight except on the camera.the nights when i have seen them,it was only their little orange eyes that i saw and they are quick.believe me if i see them in day light up around the house i will do something.its probably time to buy a bigger trap.
i don't want them to get over populated becuase there is 150 acres here that is never hunted and the frequency and pairing up of the fox is making me a little nervous.

I've had a fox in my yard for over four years. It has never kill a chicken. it has been in the yard when i had chickens out of the pen but it still has never messed with them. I have had more problems with possums, hawks, and dogs. I'm not saying that the fox will never kill my chcikens but so far it hasn't been a problem. The only thing it does is eat cat food every night.

Quote:
i know
sad.png

my husband loves the bunnies and quail but we are not seeing them much anymore.he wants to get rid of the fox but new ones will just replace them.
hu.gif

Quote:
i know
sad.png

my husband loves the bunnies and quail but we are not seeing them much anymore.he wants to get rid of the fox but new ones will just replace them.
hu.gif

this is only partailly true the size of the predator herd can be reduced and once it is made smaller the preds left are much healthier and the natural food supply of theirs is often times enough they do not need to "hunt" my poultry LOL

The top pic is a red fox, the second a grey. I've got both and have lost a couple of birds to the reds but the greys don't seem to be a problem. I suspect it is because the birds are too big and the greys tend to be around more after they are locked up for the night.

I have a friend who recently lost her entire flock to a red fox. She would see him during the day and took pot shots at him but no luck.
Then one night she came home from work, went out to lock up and noticed the pop door was locked. She peeked in and sure enough there he was and surrounded by 18 dead chickens, killed every last one of them. He had been in there a while, all chickens were in full rigor.
Still a mystery as to how the door shut but my guess is during the fight it was hit by flying chickens and slammed shut. It was the slidding type door, top to bottom.
That fox is not a problem any more.

Back
Top Bottom