Mouth open, head up, squeaky sneezes

Aug 29, 2023
Can someone help? My girl has an occasional sneeze… Squeaky sneeze type thing and then stretches her head up with her mouth open. She’s on day 2 of Safeguard with no change. I have Tylan and Procaine g on hand I just don’t know what to do. Please help

Attachments

• IMG_9752.png
    IMG_9752.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
Any other symptoms? If not, it's just sneezing likely from the same reason we sneeze.
She is opening her mouth and stretching her head and neck up. Like she has something in her throat. I thought it was gapeworm, but she's received 2 doses of Safeguard the last to days with no improvement so I'm questioning if she needs something else...?

She is opening her mouth and stretching her head and neck up. Like she has something in her throat. I thought it was gapeworm, but she's received 2 doses of Safeguard the last to days with no improvement so I'm questioning if she needs something else...?
Gapeworm is extremely rare. It could just be stridor, a price of debris in the airway. You also stretch your neck before sneezing, we just aren't aware of it.

Can someone help? My girl has an occasional sneeze… Squeaky sneeze type thing and then stretches her head up with her mouth open. She’s on day 2 of Safeguard with no change. I have Tylan and Procaine g on hand I just don’t know what to do. Please help

Welcome To BYC

Can you get a video of her? Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

She does this even when not being held?
What dose of Safeguard are you giving?

Any lesions inside the beak?

Anything that feels like an air bubble under the skin on her body - feel around the neck, the breast, wings, abdomen - anything that is like an air pocket..

Can she eat/drink at all on her own?

Have you added new birds recently?

Back
Top Bottom