Moving ducks from backyard to stock tank

Floating greenery is their most favorite "wild" staple food.
Yep, that is why they love when you float lettuce, peas etc.. some of mine desecrated a water Lilly in my pond last year, so apparently it's yummy too.
smack.gif

OP, ducks are MASSIVE routine animals changes to that, scares them, it takes time to adjust to new places, new things, i switched up a waterer design recently and they balked for a bit, many adults are in this flock and the waterer wasn't new just the method of my setting up. Patience, in time they will learn and come to enjoy the option.

Yep, that is why they love when you float lettuce, peas etc.. some of mine desecrated a water Lilly in my pond last year, so apparently it's yummy too.
smack.gif

OP, ducks are MASSIVE routine animals changes to that, scares them, it takes time to adjust to new places, new things, i switched up a waterer design recently and they balked for a bit, many adults are in this flock and the waterer wasn't new just the method of my setting up. Patience, in time they will learn and come to enjoy the option.

I'm definitely going to start floating treats in water now. I wish mine would learn the routine to go inside at night and be quiet:)

My runners spend the night in the walkout basement. They have some serious and animated discussions at all hours. I like being able to hear them.

Interesting, the few mallard derived i have usually don't.. the buffs will call to me if they hear my voice but for the most part all is quiet till morning.

I often wake just briefly during the night when I hear the cats or ducks. Then I nod right back to sleep unless it's the sound of something going wrong. One night I went down to see what was going on, and it was Fünf, doing a fully dramatic egg laying. She paced around and wakked for 20 minutes. First this corner, then that, then telling one duck to move, then another. Finally, ta da! The egg. All done, quiet again.

I often wake just briefly during the night when I hear the cats or ducks. Then I nod right back to sleep unless it's the sound of something going wrong. One night I went down to see what was going on, and it was Fünf, doing a fully dramatic egg laying. She paced around and wakked for 20 minutes. First this corner, then that, then telling one duck to move, then another. Finally, ta da! The egg. All done, quiet again.

LOL.. guess she wanted fan fare.

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom