Moving with chickens

Rosebud25

Songster
8 Years
Aug 23, 2015
Hi all, I have a small flock of 12 White Leghorn Chickens. They were hatched last February and laying very well. I also have 2 turkeys a goose and 5 Muscovy ducks. My problem is I'm moving to Kentucky and would like to take them all with me. My vet is not a bird vet. From what she understands I need to get each chicken a salmonella test and band each of them. The ducks, turkeys and goose she wasn't sure of. Who does these tests and banding? I live in NJ. Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks

What route are you planning to take? Driving or flying? What you need to do to take your birds across state borders depends on what states you'll be going through, and how.

I agree w/ @Fishkeeper depends on the state (specifically county)your moving to, they have their own regulations, not much on salmonella than AI, Mareks or White Castle diseases. After saying that, a friend of mine travels all over chicken shows and purchase multiple birds (mostly mature ones) from different states and drive them home for breeding and showing.

Back
Top Bottom