Multi-colored silkies? Where are they?

These aren't great photos but you can kind of see the contrast.

1208_misc_059.jpg

1208_misc_057.jpg

I have a few mixed colored silkies. I have a partidge with a silvish/grey head and neck a blue/black with gold highlights through out his body. I love the mixed color silkies all mine are just from a mixed color of 2 silkes very beautiful.

Ok, here are some recent pics of the chicks in question, they are now betwen 2-3 weeks old

BB Is probably a buff Blue cross? silkie parents, blue skin, and extra toes on both feet
14075_100_33831.jpg

Scooter is a sizzle baby (frizzle?) Mom and Dad were Black, dad had golden yellow hackles.

14075_100_33791.jpg

Any guess what they are going to turn into?

Yes the black chick will be black with some highlights I have a roo the same exact color.

Here is a picture of him infrount of him is what I call my grey/partidge. He is mostly black with some Dark blueish under tones and has like a red to a buff color highlights through out his body

SDC11517.jpg

Here is an alone picture of my grey/partidge...

SDC11516.jpg

Last edited:
Is the non-silkie feathered hen next to the babies their mother? (If so she must carry the silkie allele to have silkie feathered babies.) I would say that BB's markings will be like hers: rather partridge-ish, but not exactly. Too much dark to be a buff.

Back
Top Bottom