Multiple unidentified chickens

OK OK!

I understand that now, everyone is telling me that.
Uhh, ok. But from what I've seen most do????
Your fine. I wasn't trying to push you down, just pointing something out. Most do what? Have feathered legs? Well, I'm just saying, it's most likely a Maran, because the legs are white, not yellow, like a BR, or something. It also makes a difference where you are located. Again, sorry to discourage! We are all learning, even me! :)

View attachment 1242917
This black and white hen, she has 5 toes, came from Tractor Supply
View attachment 1242920
This rooster came with my new coop and I forgot his breed, he was a show chicken for 4HView attachment 1242931
I have two of these hens, my rooster pictured below is the same breed but I don’t know what breed haha!
View attachment 1242921

This orange hen and this rooster came with a new coop too, show birds but no idea what breed.

Thanks in advance!
#1 is a barred rock or cuckoo marans (the fifth toe is actually a spur).
#2 is a cuckoo marans
#3 is speckled sussex
#4 is a speckled sussex rooster and what looks like a buff orpington hen. Does the hen have feathered feet?

I see white skin not yellow and her shape is much more Marans than rock in my opinion with that lovely U shaped back. I really like her, especially with those spurs! My BC Maran's hens are quite butch.... they run my cats out of "their" garden and sometimes run up to confront strangers.... not aggressive, but definitely bold. They don't have spurs though.
It looks like your girl has a bit of scaley leg mite that you might want to treat with some Vaseline or coconut oil or Vick's Vapour Rub is my favourite treatment of the moment for it, especially at this time of year when they are prone to respiratory issues as well. Makes the coop smell lovely and opens the airways!

I’m new to chickens too I would have guessed barred rock on the first one but I’m too new to know differences. I see all the back and forth on 1 and 2. Not sure if these pics help for comparison but here are my two barred rocks that came from tractor supply 2.5 years ago.
View attachment 1244360 View attachment 1244361 View attachment 1244362 View attachment 1244363 View attachment 1244364 View attachment 1244365 View attachment 1244366
They are so adorable! :love

Back
Top Bottom