muscovey biting at his heels?

Baybrio

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 11, 2008
Poplar Grove, IL
My young Muscovey drake is biting at his heels, kind of.

He walks along then he bites around his heels, sort of like something is stuck to the back of his foot. Then he walks on like nothings happened for a while. He does this to both feet.

I can't figure this out. He's been doing this for about 2 months. Other than biting at his heels he seems normal. He is the same size as his siblings, he is shiny and eats well. He bathes, and chases the girls. He forages with the others. He doesn't limp.

I picked him up (he was not pleased) and felt all around his feet, legs and abdomen. I can't find anything abnormal.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

okay if you look at alot of other threads alot of people have this problem. but really its not a problem the male is comeing in mateing age and as a caregiver your seen as a female , ducks dont care if its there mom or not (you are basically mom ) they are practicing courtship, it doesnt last forever just for a while and then they get older and more mature and the problem is gone.

Last edited:
I tried to search but found nothing. He is biting at his own heels, not mine
big_smile.png

I tried to search but found nothing. He is biting at his own heels, not mine
big_smile.png
This is similar to what my youngest drake did last year. He wouldn't bite at his heels but acted like he wanted to bite his pee pee he would do it anytime too not just after breeding. I have no idea why and like yours was perfectly normal in every other way. He finally out grew it or gave up but he did stop doing it after a couple months.

Thank you buff goose guy and lydia. I'm relieved to know that he may grow out of this! I was afraid it would get worse.

You folks are the best!

P.s. My name is also lydia

Back
Top Bottom