Muscovy hatch HELP

PoultryQueen101

Songster
5 Years
Jul 14, 2014
Middle-East Ohio
One of my ducks had 10 eggs under her and she was sitting really well. Then my other hen brought her babies over and the hen adopted them. After two days, she has abandoned her nest. The eggs were quite cold and she wasn't sitting on them. After bringing them inside, I stuck them in the incubator and candled two. Seeing no movement and thinking they were dead, I opened one. Well. It was in position to hatch. The bill was rubbing the membrane faintly. With no viens, I helped out a bit. No blood. It moved some, weakly. It's better now and warm.

After pulling the head out of the curl, I noticed the yolk wasn't fully absorbed and put it back.

My question is how to calculate how many days it has left? I've decided to leave it as is and let it come out of the shell when it's ready and to let it have some days to absorb yolk. I know there are chances to lose it but my fingers are crossed.

I believe being cold for so long may have delayed the yolk progress.

The rest of the eggs are now moving around in the air cells.

I think it may be on lockdown day and has 2-3 days left to day 35.

Any advice? The yolk takes up a good bit as if it was day 32/33

So far it has absorbed a lot of yolk and is a bit stronger. Breathing better, eyes opening. Neck is able to be moved. Fingers still crossed. :)

Leaving it in the shell. Still has a little bit of yolk left. I bet another day and he may be okay.

Back
Top Bottom