Kittykate

Hatching
Jul 6, 2023
Hi Everyone!!

As a fairly new chicken mom I’ve come across various bumps along the road. As these bump come along I’ve acquired a small kit of remedies (tylan, metronidazole, Vetrx) but I’m wondering what are your must haves to keep on hand at all times in case of an emergency?

I’m trying to stock my chicken emergency cupboard so that I have the power to treat my flock right away when the problems starts.

So hit me with all your must haves and what they are for!! Whether it be for first aid, common illnesses or anything you’ve come across.

Saline, triple antibiotic ointment, 2x2 gauze pads, vet wrap or cohesive tape and scissors, a medium wire dog crate for separation or hospital, electrolytes and vitamins, are all good. I don’t like to keep a lot of medications around, but just know where to get them in a hurry, since they can expire. Corid liquid from feed stores, Aqua Mox 250 mg capsules online are good. If you plan to occasionally your chickens, I like Valbazen although a bottle of the suspension will last years, so sharing it with another chicken owner is good.

Back
Top Bottom