Mutts on Parade....Bring your MBCs! (PICS)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
MBC=Mixed Breed Chicken
I have several pure breeds (RIR, Buff Orp, BBS Orp, Ameraucana, Brahma, Sussex, Delaware, Barred Rock, Welsummer) and love them all, but my mutt chickens add color and personality to the flock. Here are some of mine:

Glenda. Blue Orp x Buff Brahma. Terrific broody!
DCP_0482.jpg

Meg. RIR x Buff Orpington. With parents from exhibition stock, she's my heaviest hen!
DCP_8882.jpg

The PoufyHead Sisters, Kate, Tux and Olivia..Cochin/Silkie sire x BR mom, pictured in that order. Olivia and Tux have been broody. Kate was the first chick to ever hatch in an incubator here--pipped and zipped in 15 minutes! Wouldn't take $1000 for any one of these girls:
DCP_0496.jpg

DCP_8766.jpg

DCP_9006.jpg

Though I sold him as a youngster, here is the brother of the Poufy Head Sisters...see the sexlinked traits? Male=barred and Female= Solid.
DCP_6033.jpg

My Barred Easter Eggers (BR x BBS Ameraucana)Panda, daughter of Zane with Charlotte. Panda lays a roundish green egg, sometimes with tan speckles on it.
DCP_1668.jpg

The 8 wk old Barred EEs (BR/Ameraucana):
DCP_3735.jpg

DCP_3704.jpg

DCP_3718.jpg

Quote:
I've got keets hatching right now. Ducks due the 19th. Quail and Serama eggs ordered. I think I'm hooked.

Marans/EE. I'm thinking Roo w/that comb but hoping pullet.
P1020584.jpg

In front is a Gold Comet/EE and behind is a Dark Brahma/EE
P1020579.jpg

I have a number of Dark Brahma/EE young'uns and they all look different. I'm excited to see how they each feather out when they are older.

I have one Barnevelder/EE that is just beautiful but difficult to get a pic. She has the nice muff and beard of an EE plus the feather pattern of a Barnevelder. I first thought she was a he as skittish as she was but noticed her tail hasn't been developing roo qualities. Then I read Barnie males don't get the double lacing pattern which is sex linked.
Yea!!! I get to keep her.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom