My 1 year old Serama roo becoming mean

Ruscul

Chirping
Nov 12, 2023
I have a Indoor Serama rooster as a pet and when I first got him I was living at my grandpa's and he was nice and sweet but when I moved back with my mom he has become increasingly aggressive, attacking my little brothers, mom dad and sister for no reason. And he doesn't attack me, I don't know what to do, I don't want to get rid of him, but everyday it seems like the thought of me getting rid of him is becoming true, I need tips, suggestions, Anything will help

I have a Indoor Serama rooster as a pet and when I first got him I was living at my grandpa's and he was nice and sweet but when I moved back with my mom he has become increasingly aggressive, attacking my little brothers, mom dad and sister for no reason. And he doesn't attack me, I don't know what to do, I don't want to get rid of him, but everyday it seems like the thought of me getting rid of him is becoming true, I need tips, suggestions, Anything will help
Hi, welcome to BYC! :welcome
It sounds like he's just becoming a rooster. My roo did this just recently, and I am giving him away as he is a danger. If it's little kids, I'd definitely give him away. I'm so sorry, but most of the time trying to train a roo not to do that won't work.

Hello and welcome to BYC. Glad to have have you with us in the poultry loving community. Does he just run loose? Can he have a coop with a run until he fully matures and has a few hens of his own? I've never had a rooster of his breeding but here at our place we have more than a dozen for a visitor welcoming crew and none are aggressive to anyone. It would be so sad to see you have to part with him as long as he knows you and has no aggression to you.

Hi, welcome to BYC! :welcome
It sounds like he's just becoming a rooster. My roo did this just recently, and I am giving him away as he is a danger. If it's little kids, I'd definitely give him away. I'm so sorry, but most of the time trying to train a roo not to do that won't work.
Do you think it's the lack of outside time he's getting?

Back
Top Bottom