My 16 year old driver ... Love It ... Spend time with your kids

ThreeBoysChicks

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Thurmont, MD
So I am on my way to the Tractor Supply which is about 40 minutes form my house to gets some supplies. My son (just turned 16) is driving to get his hours in and I am on BYC on a broadband card. GOT TO LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

And we are having a great time. He is learning more about Dad's crazy animals then he every imagined.

This is a reminder, spend time with your kids. They grow up so fast. He and I will be leaving in January to go on a mission trip together. I think it will be a great experience for us to share.

Congrats on spending time with your son. It's good that you can be on BYC while ridding with him and not praying for your life:)

Ii agree about spending time with your kids. Our state is wanting to give tax credits to stay at mom who have kids 4yrs and below. I have to say it's as much important being home when your school-age kids get home from school than when they are babies. JMHO.

Enjoy your mission trip.

jackie

Quote:
So true! My oldest, who is out on his own now, will be 21 in March. I can't believe it... seems like he was just born! (Well, not really, but you know what I mean.
tongue.png
)

Where are you going on your mission trip? I went to Romania in July '07 and it was life changing. Best wishes to you and your son!

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming from a fellow 16 year old (17 next month!
woot.gif
) just be calm when he messes up or does something wrong. My mom has a tendency to start yelling at every little thing I do wrong and it has caused a lot of fighting. Also, let him drive his way. She tries to tell me every move to make and sometimes I don't want to go that way. Its very frustrating!

Quote:
how cool! my daughter is going to the DR in the summer on a missions trip!

she will be starting drivers training next year! i cannot wait! she does pretty well and can mow a lawn like nobody's business! she should do well.

have fun and enjoy those kids while they are home!

HA! I was passing TSC in H-town when you wrote this. I should have stopped in.

I need to give you my number so you can call me and WARN somebody that your rookie has taken to Rt. 15, man!

Oh, and stay OUT of Taneytown. That's where MY rookie patrols these days....

Back
Top Bottom