My 1st Southern Coop

Quote:
Thanks. Feel free to post up questions, constructive criticism, or PM me if you're interested in anything particular.

I think there's always things you might do differently, if you had to do it over or had more time to complete, but I've been pretty happy overall, to be honest, considering I just picked an ungraded spot and got after it with no prior experience per se.

PS - if you don't mind me asking, what stuck out to you - in reference to your post about seeing some pointers/ideas?

Last edited:
Thank goodness I finally got a good chance to finish the side coop. Had to move out one sex-link hen, the frizzle Cochin rooster, and the OE rooster to the new coop partition. Hopefully when I get some sold I can let some hatching take place there. I already have two Cochin hens that have been sitting on eggs for about a week now...

Well, here are the few updated pictures:
(I've got a few more items to work on with it, so I'll try to take more pictures then.)

IMG00212-20110417-1858.jpg

IMG00213-20110417-1858.jpg

IMG00214-20110417-1859.jpg

Quote:
Thanks! It's nothing too special, but will be a very handy side coop to seclude birds if I need to for hatching, quarantine, etc.
I'm already getting more eggs now that my egg-eating hen is out of the main coop. I really want to get all the Silkies in there before long and see if they'll hatch some for me.

Back
Top Bottom