My Beautiful Silkie Cockerel, Simon is almost 17 weeks old.

Love his crow! ❤
We had a Rooster that someone dropped off in our neighborhood when I was in high school. I used to laugh every time he crowed. He would just make a, "Er, ER, er noise. I would always say, "You didn't finish!" He was so beautiful. No idea what breed but he would block me from getting to my car in the mornings. I used to have to have my Dad come outside so he wouldn't chase me. One day, he was gone. Pretty sure someone called Animal Control.

We had a Rooster that someone dropped off in our neighborhood when I was in high school. I used to laugh every time he crowed. He would just make a, "Er, ER, er noise. I would always say, "You didn't finish!" He was so beautiful. No idea what breed but he would block me from getting to my car in the mornings. I used to have to have my Dad come outside so he wouldn't chase me. One day, he was gone. Pretty sure someone called Animal Control.
Cute story! Poor guy, he probably did get picked up by animal control. But this first encounter probably sowed the seed for you keeping poultry! :)

Cute story! Poor guy, he probably did get picked up by animal control. But this first encounter probably sowed the seed for you keeping poultry! :)
This was Charlie. Anyone know the breed?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1688859835510.jpg
    FB_IMG_1688859835510.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 7
I am not positive but he could be a Brown Leghorn or a mix. So pretty! :love
He was gorgeous but boy did he love to scare me. I used to smoke cigarettes in High school. I wasn't allowed to smoke in the house. But in the morning and before bed, I'd climb up on my desk and lean out the window. I was half awake the one morning, opened the window and lit my cig. All of a sudden, I hear this super loud crowing. I look out on the roof and there is Charlie, about 4 feet away on the roof. I jump back so quickly that I smashed my head on the window frame. lol
And I don't know what his obsession was with my car. He was always guarding it. Either walking around it or on the roof.
Sometimes, he would hide on the other side of the car and when I would walk around to the driver's side, he'd start chasing me. Or when he was really sneaky, he'd hide in the bushes about 20 feet away. As soon as he saw me, he would run towards me. Luckily, with 20 feet in between us, I'd have time to get into the car. But he'd be right at my door when I closed it. I'd usually open the window slightly and say, "Ha! Ha!" like Nelson from the Simpsons. It was a love hate relationship and I had a major fear of birds then. I am still afraid of birds.

He was gorgeous but boy did he love to scare me. I used to smoke cigarettes in High school. I wasn't allowed to smoke in the house. But in the morning and before bed, I'd climb up on my desk and lean out the window. I was half awake the one morning, opened the window and lit my cig. All of a sudden, I hear this super loud crowing. I look out on the roof and there is Charlie, about 4 feet away on the roof. I jump back so quickly that I smashed my head on the window frame. lol
And I don't know what his obsession was with my car. He was always guarding it. Either walking around it or on the roof.
Sometimes, he would hide on the other side of the car and when I would walk around to the driver's side, he'd start chasing me. Or when he was really sneaky, he'd hide in the bushes about 20 feet away. As soon as he saw me, he would run towards me. Luckily, with 20 feet in between us, I'd have time to get into the car. But he'd be right at my door when I closed it. I'd usually open the window slightly and say, "Ha! Ha!" like Nelson from the Simpsons. It was a love hate relationship and I had a major fear of birds then. I am still afraid of birds.
Aww....Poor guy, sounds like he might have been lonely! I think roosters know when a person is scared of them, and they do take advantage. :D

Back
Top Bottom