My BO is acting ,,,,, happy but not eating now

chiknwhisperer

Songster
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Lowell, IN
strange. She has been puffing up her feathers for a week and is really mad when you even look at her when she is on her nest. She has also stopped laying and I checked to see if one was stuck and there is nothing there. She is eating and drinking. I have to physically take her off her nest because she won't leave. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong with her?

Last edited:
lol.png
You have a broody BO. I have them too and they're very, very prone to broodiness. Feel underneath her if you dare and see if she's plucked the feathers from her chest. If she hasn't already, she will be soon.

th.gif
Oh my! I had no idea that they didn't need a boy. She isn't even sitting on anything
ep.gif
I look at her today and see if she is missing feathers. I had to put her food and water right next to her because she doesn't want to leave the nest. BUT, she is letting my other girl lay over there
hu.gif

Quote:
If you don't have fertilized eggs for her and don't want to buy any for her to hatch, it's best to break her of her broodiness. Being broody is hard on their bodies and she won't lay while she's broody.

Back
Top Bottom