My Button Quail Are Picking On Each Other, What's The Best Approach?

ButtonHoarder

Ich bin der knopfe
Sep 11, 2020
Neptune
Hey everybody, I separated my button quail into pairs about a month or so ago, because people said that's how they live best, but I only have one pair that seems to not pick on each other :( Two of the couples look kinda like over mating because the females have bare backs, and the males are perfectly fine. In the other pair the female is fully feathered and happy, but the male is missing feathers all over the place :barnie What do I do? I've considered switching up the pairs, but I don't want to ruin their lives! Please help me, all suggestions welcome. Thanks for reading

Were you sure they were bonded pairs before you separated them? If not, you might try switching up the pairs.
Are there feathers all over the cage? If so, they might just be moulting.

Buttons can live together if there is enough space. Do you have a large enough enclosure to put pairs of pairs together?

Were you sure they were bonded pairs before you separated them? If not, you might try switching up the pairs.
Are there feathers all over the cage? If so, they might just be moulting.

Buttons can live together if there is enough space. Do you have a large enough enclosure to put pairs of pairs together?
I wasn't sure that they were, none seemed more attached to each other than others so I just picked some. No, there isn't more feathers than normal, I think they just aren't getting along.
Do you mean put more than two together in one pen? I would rather not to do that, because when we built their house we built each 'apartment' the size for a pair of button quail, but it could be done.
Even if I switched them up, would over mating still happen? I think that's what's happening with two of my pairs.
Thanks so much for answering.

This is the best I could take:
IMG_8858.JPG

Sorry I'm really bad at taking pictures

Back
Top Bottom